58. Humility

It's me again God,

The world is becoming increasingly silent in the wake of COVID-19. Day by day, more activity is restricted and more businesses are closing. We are trying not to be alarmed but each day more people are getting sick and dying across the world, as the virus indiscriminately chooses its victims. These are very sad days!

The enemy is clearly trying to make us feel defeated and afraid. This is not hard to do while the virus causes us to be separated from friends and family, at the same time as we experience the threat of economic and physical hardship. Having to deal with so many changes to the way we live, while being in isolation or social distancing, is creating so many new challenges!

Lord I am so thankful that I can talk to You any time about all of this and know You are listening. Nothing has changed with my relationship with You! I love the way You welcome me as I come to You in prayer each day and I am so comforted that You want to bring healing to me physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually.

Lord I admit my reactions to all of the uncertainty, have at times resulted in impatient, critical words often aimed at those I live with.  Thank You for forgiving me! These are challenging times and I realise that I need to spend more time in Your Word to assist me in navigating through this crisis. I so need Your Holy Spirit to fill me to overflowing so my words and actions would show Your love. Help me Lord to live the way You need me to at this time:

"Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind. Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others."
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭2:1-4‬ ‭NIV‬‬

This entire crisis would be much easier to bear, if only we could all value others above ourselves! Father, I know it starts with me. Please help me to truly live an unselfish life, filled with humility, to be like Jesus in every way:

"In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus: Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage; rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death— even death on a cross!"
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭2:5-8‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Thank You Jesus for being willing to die for me! I choose to live like You today —with the Spirit's help! I also ask for Your continued protection against the schemes of the enemy. May Your love and light fill my home, as I seek to serve You.

In Jesus' Name,
Amen.