76. I No Longer Live

It's me again God,

As I went for my daily walk yesterday, I was again surprised at how the neighbourhood seems to have come back to life! The roads are quiet as people are basically staying at home and many children are riding bikes with their parents, while others head out for walks together each day.

The front lawns and gardens have never looked so manicured as people have suddenly found themselves with so much time on their hands as a result of the pandemic! Several properties have been getting a fresh coat of paint, as years of neglected job lists are at last being tackled!

While Covid-19 has made room for maintenance and reflecting on what we have, it's also possible that many people are taking time for a little self reflection as they spend time away from their social circles and usual weekly activities.  As a believer, I sense that it's time for much needed maintenance and that You are making a space where we can all reflect on our day to day lives and examine how we are living. I have to admit that as I have relaxed into this time of confinement, I have been able to see You more clearly as unnecessary clutter has begun to be stripped away! I often hear You saying:

"Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." The Lord Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress."
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭46:10-11‬ ‭NIV‬‬

In this temporary stillness, it's time to really get into Your Word and take a look at how my life is lining up with it! I really want to know You more and get back to basics. Please help me to remember on a daily basis, all that I have because Jesus died for me!

"I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!""
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭2:20-21‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Thank You for this new life I have where Jesus lives in me by Your Spirit. I am so blessed to have been given this gift and yet there are times when I forget that my righteousness has only been made possible by Jesus' blood given for me. Please help me to be less caught up in my own striving and just rest in Your grace.

"What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? By no means! We are those who have died to sin; how can we live in it any longer? Or don't you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life."
‭‭Romans‬ ‭6:1-4‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Lord please help me in this time when everything seems to be on pause, to take a look at the way I am living. Sin can easily creep in and I can find myself living in it! I want to live for You and make the most of the new life I have!

"In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus. Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its evil desires. Do not offer any part of yourself to sin as an instrument of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer every part of yourself to him as an instrument of righteousness. For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace."
‭‭Romans‬ ‭6:11-14‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Today I declare that sin shall not be my master! I live under grace and so I offer myself to You today Lord. Use me so that others will come to know You. I am dead to sin but alive to You in Christ!

In His Name,
Amen.