6 Months

"There's my beautiful girl," Taylor smiles as she stands at the bottom of the steps leading up to her girlfriend's house. Brooke smiles from the open doorway.

"Quit being a dork and get up here. I've been waiting for you for way too long," She jokes.

"Well excuse me for trying to be romantic," Tay plays along. 

Brooke chuckles as Taylor gives her a wink and jogs up the cement steps. When she gets to the doorway, Tay feels a rush of emotion overcome her. There's an angel standing right in front of her. 

Brooke reaches out for a hug as Taylor wraps her arms around her and Brooke wraps her arms around the other girl's neck. Taylor hugs her tight and lifts her off the ground. 

"Happy 6 months, baby," Brooke smiles to Tay as she sets her down. 

Taylor smiles wide and kisses her lips. "Happy 6 months Brookie," 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"How awesome is it that your parents and brother are away all day for our anniversary," Taylor chuckles as the two cuddle on the couch. 

"I know, right," Brooke agrees. "...I think the universe was watching out for us," 

Taylor looks over as her girlfriend plays with the strings of her sweatshirt as she rests her head on her shoulder. 

"So what you wanna do," Tay asks.

Brooke scoffs as she looks at her.

"Nothing," 

Taylor smiles.

"I was gonna say the exact same thing,"

Taylor sits up and turns to her girlfriend.

"I do have something for you though," 

"Babe, we promised each other no gifts," Brooke whines.

"Well this isn't anything big. I just thought you'd appreciate it," 

"Okay..." She replies as she crosses her legs.

Taylor goes over to her backpack and takes a shirt out. 

"Your jersey," Brooke says lovingly. She's unsure of where this is going. 

"Well, uh, yea," Tay says a bit embarrassed.  "...see at the end of every spring to fall season, it's a PDA tradition to give our away jerseys to someone who has helped us grow throughout the year," 

"Yea," Brooke softly smiles.

"And...and hell, you've definitely helped me grow," Taylor looks at her girlfriend. 

"Baby," Brooke sniffles. 

Taylor nows sits down next to her. 

"Growing up, this club jersey was the only thing that really mattered to me besides my family...and having you in my life now, I know that soccer isn't the true love of my life...you are," 

A tear slips from Brooke's eye. Taylor wipes it away for her.

"I want you to have this," Tay smiles as she hands Brooke the garment.

"Taylor," Brooke sniffles. "...this is like the best gift I've ever gotten," 

"Don't consider it a gift," She jokes. "...consider it a clothing donation,"

Brooke chuckles.

"I love it. Thank you baby," 

"No problem," Tay smiles as Brooke kisses her passionately. "...just promise me that you'll model it for me later,"