Christmas Eve 2019

Christmas Eve is here once again, and everyone is gathered at the Harris house! Gramma and Grampa arrived from California two days ago, and Gramma Tammy arrived last night. 

"The tree looks beautiful Whitney," Tammy awes as the adults sit in the living room enjoying their coffee.

"Well as much as I would like to take credit for it, Jordyn and Taylor ran the show this year," 

"Of course they did," Barb laughs. "...you are definitely their mother," 

"Did Chris and Josh get to Kentucky alright?" Ash then asks her mother.

"Yep," Tammy nods. "...Chris texted me last night that Josh's parents picked them up from the airport right on time," 

"Good," Ash grins.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later that night, after a delicious Christmas Eve dinner, everyone piled into the living room. The kids are anxiously awaiting for the gifts from their siblings. 

"Who wants to go first?" Whitney asks her kids as she sits down next to her wife. 

Ashlyn looks to the adults. 

"You guys want to give first?" 

The grandparents usually give the kids their gifts on Christmas Eve. But this year Gramma and Grampa said that their gifts would make more sense to give on Christmas Day. So Gramma Tammy will be the only one giving gifts to her grandchildren tonight. 

"Well, I've definitely put a lot of thought into my gifts this year..." Tammy starts off. "...and quite honestly," She thinks. "...you're Grampa Mike left me a lot of money. A lot of money that I thought we'd share when he got out but...that didn't happen,"

Ashlyn wonders where her mother is going with this.

"So I've decided to invest the money into the futures of my grandchildren. These gifts will hopefully help you to better yourselves as students, as athletes...and as people in general. You're first Brendan," She then smiles as she hands her grandson an envelope.

He takes it and opens it hesitantly. Once he unfolds the paper and begins to read, his mouth gapes open.

"Gramma you're the freaking best!"

"What is it?" Jordyn asks anxiously.

"I'm going to a 2-day elite football camp for the Florida Gators!"

"What!?" Noah and Dalton both yell excitedly.

"Yea! In June!!!" He yells as he jumps around. 

The three boys jump around in a circle.

"Me next," Everyone then starts to yell excitedly.

"Taylor," Tammy chuckles as she hands her an envelope.

She opens it as fast as she can. 

"Whoa, Gramma," She says almost breathless. "...I'm going to a Georgetown camp..." 

"Yep," She smiles. "...that way you can see the campus, and see if you like the athletic department...the coaching staff and stuff,"

"Thank you," Taylor smiles as she gets up and hugs her Gramma.

"My pleasure sweetheart," 

Noah is handed an envelope next. 

"I know you wanted to join a swim club," Tammy says. "...I've covered it," 

He opens it and awes at a check. 

"...I did a bit of research, and the Naval Academy has an excellent year-round swim club for teenagers. The tryouts for the team are in February. This covers the tryout cost and the cost for everything when you make the team,"