Chapter 18

~Your Pov~

"Ugh, I don't wanna go," I groan. "Come on Y/N or we're going to be late," Hermione said as I threw a pillow at her. "COME ON!" Hermione practically dragged me out of bed. "You have mail already Y/N," Hermione said throwing a letter at me.

I sigh getting off the floor opening the letter.

Dear Y/N,

We hope your still not capture from Victoria we can't from your scent anywhere. All we know is Bella sending this letter to you. The pack misses you we're still searching for you, we didn't find you. Where are you?

-Jacob

I sigh as I put the letter down on my desk "You ok Y/N?" Hermione curiously asked. I slowly nodded my head as I started to get ready. 'Why didn't I fight back? Why?'

__________________________

"Please put your attention to detail in the preparation is the prerequisite of all planning," Professor Slughorn explained as the door open to relieve Harry and Ron walking into class late.

"Ah. Harry, my boy, I was beginning to worry. We've brought someone with us, I see," Professor Slughorn said. "Ron Weasley, Sir. But I'm dead awful at Positions, a menace, actually," Ron said trying to escape.

"Nonsense, we'll sort you out. Any friend of Harry's is a friend of mine. Get your books out," Professor Slughorn about to explain again about the position.

"I haven't actually got my book yet, nor has Ron," Harry explained their situation.

"Not to worry get what you want in the cupboard," Professor Slughorn offered Harry and Ron. "Now as I was saying, I prepared some concoctions this morning. Any idea what these might be?" Professor Slughorn asked the class as Hermione raise her hand.

"Yes, Miss?" "Granger sir," Hermione said coming forward to the three brew positions. "The first one is Veritaserum. It's a truth-telling serum," Hermione said Professor Slughorn happily nodded his head.

"And that would be Polyjuice Potion," Hermione said as we went to last one. "The last one is terribly tricky to make. It's Amortentia," Hermione back away from the potion.

"The most powerful love potion in the world. it's rumored to smell differently to each person according to what attracts them," Hermione said as I noticed she started to come closer to the potion.

"For an example, I smell freshly mown grass, and new parchment, and spearmint toothpaste," Hermione said as I pulled her away from the position.

"Amortentia doesn't create actual love. That would be impossible. But it does cause a powerful infatuation obsession," Professor Slughorn explains as almost all the girls walked closer and closer to the potion.

I stayed behind not following along. "And for that reason, it is probably the most dangerous potion in this room," Professor Slughorn closed the potion as the girls started to back away.

"Sir? You haven't told us what's in that one," One Gryffindor girl curiously asked.

She pointed at a small potion "Oh yes. What you see before you, ladies and gentlemen is a curious little potion known as Felix Felicis. But it is more commonly referred to as-"

"Liquid Luck," Hermione blurted out loud.

"Yes, Miss Granger. Liquid Luck. Desperately tricky to make, disastrous should you get wrong. One sip and you will find that all of your endeavors succeed. At least until effects wear off," I noticed Draco looked more interested in the liquid luck.

"So this is what I offer each of you today. One tiny vial of Liquid Luck to the student who, in the hour that remains manages to brew an acceptable Draught of Living Death. The recipes for which can be found on page 10 of your books. I should point out, however, only once did a student manage to brew a potion of sufficient quality to claim this prize. Nevertheless, good luck to you all," Everybody hurried to a station.

"I doubt any of us will get the liquid luck," I said as I brew draught of living death. "You'll never know," Harry said as we contuied to work on the position.

I look over Seamus's position which exploded at his face. "Yea I think I'm done," I covered my position hoping it won't explode.

"Scared?" Harry teased. "Oh if you knew what I went through you wouldn't be more scared," I said as Harry stared at me in horror.

I heard a laugh I look over to see Draco laughing probably hearing what I said.

Professor Slughorn came around testing everybody's position none of them were right. Until he came over to Harry's dropping a single leaf. "It's perfect he can kill us in one second," Professor Slughorn said in amazed.

"So here we are, then, as promised. One vial of Felix Felicis. Congratulations, Use it well," Professor Slughorn warned Harry as everybody in class awkwardly clapped.

I gather my things as Hermione came up to me.

"Are you coming to the quidditch try-outs?" Hermione curiously asked. I shaked my head 'no'

"I should respond back to the letter I received this morning but I'll catch up with you in a bit," I told Hermione as we went our separate ways.

_________________________________

I sigh as I re-read the letter Jacob sent "What should I say?" I couldn't think how to respond back. 'Hey I'm alive' no that's so stupid. Ugh, why is it so hard to write back. Maybe I could visit them for a bit?

I hurried down Dumbledore's office. I took a deep breath before knocking on his door. "Come in," I heard him call out.

I slowly open the door "What brings you here Miss Y/N?" Dumbledore curiously asked.

"I was wondering if I'm able to leave a week earlier during winter break?" I curiously asked 'I hope he doesn't say no' I thought.

"Why not since last time you left your cousin you were missing correct?" Dumbledore asked as I nodded my head.

"So why not show yourself not missing anymore," Dumbledore said. "I'll allow it," Dumbledore happily agreed. "Thank you, headmaster," I happily said as I left his office.