Other 18

Dedicated to: Fedxielle & pradysean

👉🍎👈

"What do you mean it's not working?! Try again!" Jennie glared at the cashier. They're at an elite school so of course their cafeteria accepts cards. Most students here prefers cashless anyway.

"I'm sorry miss, we tried three times already." That was the third card too! Jennie's breathing started to labor. It's embarrassing and very humiliating!

"Here, try these!" She shoved all her card but nothing worked and students are now wondering what's taking so long.

"How about mine?" Hanbin gave the cashier his and the cashier shook her head. Students are now curious as to what's going on. Murmurs about the Kwon unable to pay for her food and she's on a diet so it wasn't even much!

"I'll pay for her. I'm sure there's an error with the bank, it happens to me all the time." Her classmate, Park Chaeyoung, who was next in line paid the cashier in cash before Jennie could react.

"I'll triple my payment. Send me your account number." Jennie grumbled, taking her cards and shoved in her bag.

"A thank you would be enough." Chaeyoung smiled brightly.

"I can pay!" Jennie took it the wrong way. She thought chaeyoung was looking down on her. The twins hurried out so they can call their father without the others sticking their noses into their business.

Jiyong was preparing for a meeting when he received a call. His brows furrowed cause he knows the twins only calls him for emergencies like he taught them to.

"Our cards aren't working!" Was the first thing he heard when he answered the phone. He went out of the conference room when some of the board started to come in and went to the fire exit to take the call.

"What? There must be something wrong with the machine—

"All of it dad! They tried multiple times on each too and is working with other student's cards!" Jennje shrieked, cutting him off.

"I'll pick you up after the meeting, we'll go to the bank. For now, I need to go." Jiyong didn't even said goodbye and just ended the call, going back to the conference room.

"I'm sorry I'm la-te..." Jiyong faltered when he saw his father in his seat.

"Ah, jiyong." His father grinned.

"I would like to formally make an announcement. From here on, I will be the one to manage the company. Jiyong, you're banned from entering the premises.

Jiyong's eyes widened at the declaration and the board are now whispering to themselves. "You can't do that!" Jiyong stomped his way to his father when two guards came and held his arms.

"Yah! Get your filthy hands off me!" But the guards weren't fazed.

"You weren't able to acquire the land your grandfather have told you to get if you want his whole share of the company."

"So? I still have the biggest share! It is my company!" His father smiled and showed him a document

"I happened to acquire it." Jiyong's jaw dropped.

"You can come back til I see fit and I will also give you my shares then." His father motioned the guards to get him off the building

"What?! And when will that be? What do I have to do?!" Jiyong struggled away from the guards

"I'll be monitoring you." Jiyong's brows were creased, confused with the sudden interest his father have for the company when he could only care less before, that's why he was able to be the CEO at such a young age.

"Let me go! I can leave by myself." Jiyong peeled himself off from the bodyguards and straightened his suit and fixed his hair.

The employees who witnessed him being dragged out gave curious glances. Jiyong walked out of the company with his chin up.

Once he was out, he puffed out an air and dialled his lawyer's number but it's out of coverage. Jiyong threw his phone to the ground from anger, leaving it with a crack, broken.

He went to his car and drove to the twins' school but since he was earlier than expected, he had to wait for them to be dismissed.

"Give me back my phone." Hanbin opened his palm out to dara who confiscated it when he was caught using it in her class.

"Watch your tone mister. You talk as if I was the one who did you wrong. You were the one using it in my class when it's not allowed." Only the twins were left in the room since dara will only give hanbin's phone back after dismissal, which is now.

"I don't care. Just give it back!" The twins were both not in the mood.

"I will if you say please." Hanbin pursed his lips. Dara knew it would be hard for him to say so.

"Why should I beg when it's mine!" Dara snickered at the predictable answer.

"Cause it's in my possession and you won't be able to get it back until you say so." They stared at each other but hanbin's being stubborn.

"Can't you hurry up? Dad's waiting." Jennie grumbled

"Have it! I'll just buy another one." He rolled his eyes and walked off, foowed by Jennie.

Dara could only shake her head with that kind of attitude. She kept the phone in case he'll want to get it back. Was it so hard to say please?

She gathered her things and walked to her car and found the kwons at the other end, who seemed to be having a serious conversation.

She watched as the twins got in the car and jiyong went to the driver's seat. Her brows raised at that. She never saw the Kwons without a chauffeur. She shook her head and got in her car, minding her own business but she can't help but wonder if it has got something to do with what her father told her. Well, he's not really her father but they call him that instead of grandfather cause he became a father figure to them anyway and he calls them as his own children. Their parents died in a car crash, leaving dara and her siblings an orphan and dara becoming the heiress instead of her deceased mother.

She still haven't figured out what her father meant when he told her to teach the Kwons how to be content with a simple life or with what they already have. She's still wondering how she can do so when she only has two hours of class with them and they're not the only students she have. If she gave extra attention to them the others might think it's unfair.

Dara was still mulling on it on her way home but will soon learn what her father meant.