Other 34

Jennie slowed down her pace when she noticed some girls whispering to themselves and snickering.

Flipping her hair, she raised her chin up and continued strutting down the hall when a trio appeared infront of her

"Wah. You really wouldn't know if it's class a at a glance." The one on the center eyed her up and down with a smirk

"But if you take a closer look and know what you're looking at..." jennie took a step back as a reflex when the one on the right leaned forward to take a closer look of her top.

"It's nothing but a cheapskate low-class imitation for people who can't simply afford but still wants to be seen as high-class." Jennie's jaw clenched as she stood her ground

"Truly, anyone who haven't gotten their hands on an original can't tell." She sassilu retorts back.

"Why this bit-" whirling around, jennie ignored the screeching trio as she clenched her fists. She has an idea who started it all these rumors.

"It was you isn't it?" Jennie blocked lisa and chaeyoung's way, making them stop from chatting animatedly on their way out of the library.

"Me?" Lisa pointed at herself and looked at chaeyoung in confusion

"Don't you dare feign ignorance! You're the only one who saw me that day!" Jennie continued to yell. The duo immediately looked around but good thing there was no one else around.

"Jennie, I honestly don't know what you're talking about." Lisa frowns but jennie just laughed humorlessly

"People are whispering about me wearing knockoffs and I know it's because of you! You just can't keep your business to yourself huh?" It dawned on lisa what she means and looked at jennie in disappointment.

"I don't know why you'd think I'd do that. I myself am wearing something off a thrift shop, won't that be too hypocritical of me? And so what if you're not a wearing a brand?" Jennie's brows furrowed

"I honestly thought you were cool for buying in thrift shops, for not caring whether it's secondhand or branded but I guess I was wrong. Come on chae." Lisa pulled chaeyoung, leaving jennie in utter confusion.

"Hey jennie, I like your top." A girl from a year higher than her smiled and jennie being jennie just gave an awkward nod and was going to look for her twin when they continued "wanna hangout later?"

"Excuse me?" It has been so long since she had someone to hang out with other than her brother

"Do you know how to play pool?" Jennie nodded. Hanbin has his own table back at their mansion and they used to play it alot together.

"Ok cool. Hang out later after school?"

"Sure." Jennie grins, forgetting about her verbal exchange with lisa.

👉🍎👈

Dara raised a brow when hanbin properly greeted her along with the class when she entered the room while jennie avoided her gaze.

Before, the twins would do anything to disrupt her class and they'd be kicked out of the room. After being under her wing, they became tolerable, although sometimes they can't help but bit back snarky remarks, she can see that they're hilding it in but now? Now they're actually actively participating in class. She smiles at their progress.

"Class dismissed." Dara gathered her things with a smile and walked towards the faculty to log off.

"You seem cheery today." Minzy smiles at dara

"The kids were very cooperative today."

"I hear they have been with all of their classes lately. Thank you dara, that means you're an effective teacher." Dara laughs and shakes her head "Bom would sulk hearing that."

"I'm sure bom would agree with me. Say, your contract is almost up, why don't we discuss about you having a permanent subject?" Dara smiles and chewed on her bottom lips.

"I'll think about it." Bowing, she bid her goodbye to minzy as the twins might be waiting for her.

"Where's jennie?" She asks as she opens the car for hanbin

"She says she'll go home by herself, she's hanging out with some upper classmen." Hanbin shrugs, getting in the front seat.

"And you're not with her?" It was something new. They were like two peas in a pod. Inseparable.

"She says it's a girls night out kind of thing and I respect that."

"Oooj respect. Big word." Dara teased, ruffling hanbin's hair.

"Ya! You're ruining my hair" he whines, avoiding dara's prying hands with a smilr. Dara couldn't help but look at him with teary eyes

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?" Hanbin leaned back, weirded out with the way dara is staring at him.

"I'm so proud of you! You're growing up!" Dara leaned to ruffle his hair once more and hanbin ducked trying to get away but he feels warm in his heart. He never heard either of his parents say they were proud of him.

"Let's just go home before your niece and nephew thinks we got you into trouble again." Dara pinched his cheeks and told him "we update each other thank you very much. So you and your twin need to save my phone number and text me updates." Not knowing what might happen, they keep each other updated incase someone tries to harm them again being a Park.

Dara started her car and drove home while hanbin looked out the window feeling a melancholy.

In their family, he never experienced the warmth of having one but this stranger right here, a savage teacher who took them under her wing with the goodness of her heart made him feel the love they never had from their parents.

"I give you permission." He decided.

"Hmm?" Dara didn't hear what he said.

"I give you permission to date my dad." Dara was shocked to hear that as she accidentally switched lanes

"Ya! Like that's the problem. I don't like your dad that way or any way for that matter!"

"Why? My dad's charismatic." He defended

"Charismatic my ass! Ah molla! We're not talking about this." Hanbin laughs but didn't press on. "I'm just saying you have my blessing."