Other 40

Jiyong stared at the door dumbfounded then he heard a suppressed laughter. Turning, mino and hayi were unable to hold back their laughter while jennie and hanbin bit on their lips to stop themselves.

"I'm heading in now. G'nyt!" Mino excused himself, still laughing.

"Nado!" Hayi zoomed away to her room, bowing at jiyong, giggling to herself

The twins also got up to go to their rooms but gave their dad a once-over and face-palmed, shaking their heads making jiyong furrow his brows. He sat on the couch and looked at what they were watching and got confused when it shows a horror movie. There was nothing funny about it! He turned off the T.V and decided to just sleep

"Aissshh!" Jiyong grumbled and sat up, ruffling his hair and glaring at dara's closed door. He tossed and turned trying to sleep but the kiss was keeping him awake. Every time he closed his eyes, he could see dara's poker face as she wipes her lips with her thumb.

"What was that all about? She kissed me to do me a favor? Ha!" He scoffs and stood up.

"I'll show her!" He marched up to dara's rooma and was ready to bang on it when he heara the doorknob rattling. Fast as lightning, jiyong leapt back to the couch pretending to be asleep as dara went out of her room to go get some water.

He peeked at where she's heading then quickly shuts his eyes when he saw her coming back. he opened his eyes again and waited for a couple of seconds before peeking back again when he came face to face with dara wearing a face mask making him scream out loud and fall of the couch.

"Stop screaming like a girl, you'll wake the kids up." Dara rolled her eyes and sat on the single sofa, crossing her legs.

"Were you trying to kill me?!" Jiyong huffs, sitting up from the cold tiled floor, clutching his heart.

"You'd already be buried if I did." Dara snickers, sipping on her water bottle

"What were you trying to do then and why are you wearing that?!" Jiyong glared at her white face mask as he sits back on the couch.

"It's how I keep being pretty and I was checking if you're awake. Anyway, did you do what I told you to do?" Jiyong's brows knitted

"Did you take a leave?" jiyong wanted to play with her a bit and lie but then she took off the mask and he'd rather have her put it back on as she looks very intimidating at the moment, like if he'll say no he'd end up being buried alive.

"Yes." He squeaks out and stared at dara wondering what's with this woman? She infuriates him, she always rebuts, she ignores his advances and when she does, she makes him feel insulted and he gets scared to make a mistake on her.

"Good. That's all I needed to know" Dara stood up to leave when jiyong grabbed her wrist

"What? do you ne-" dara's eyes widened when she was pulled to his lap, a hand on her nape and his lips on hers. She was caugh off-guard but eventually closed her eyes and kissed back.

The kiss was different, jiyong could feel it. Maybe because it was a spur of the moment for both of them. Jiyong didn't really plan to do that and dara wasn't expecting it either.

They parted for air and rests their forehead against each other and the trance was broken. Dara quickly stood up, clearing her throat and said a hasty good night, zooming back in to her room where she leaned on her door, slapping her cheeks. Jiyong was in the same state, he stood up to drink lots of water to calm his raging heart down.

👉🍎👈

There was a shift in gravity. The kids eyed the adults with them who are both acting awkward and dark circles were visible under their eyes. Did something happen while they were asleep?

"Did something happen last night?" Hayi, always straight forward, broke the silence causing jiyong to choke on his coffee and dara on her food where she quickly grabbed her glass to drink

"Hurry up, you'll be late." Dara was first to leave the table while jiyong is playing with his food, looking down his plate.

"Aish! ya dara, that wasn't the first time you kissed! why are you acting like a you're back in high school getting you first kiss? Why why whyyy??" Dara whispers to herself as she bangs her head on her steering wheel repeatedly

"Something definitely happened." Mino snickered as he watch their aunt go crazy inside the car. Did she forget it's not tinted?

"Heol. I've never seen her break her cool." Hayi smirks, holding her phone up to get a video of their aunt on her rarest form.

"What do you think happened? We bid goodbye to dad and he hugged us saying to stay safe and washed the dishes without another word!" Hanbin was perplexed at their father's behavior, hugging them was already weird, voluntarily washing the dishes without ranting? a miracle!

"Whatever it is i want my cool aunt back." Mino chuckled, knocking on dara's window making her jump in her seat

"You alright there, imo?" Dara flushed at the thought of the kids seeing her. She cussed in her head and pulled herself together

"Why wouldn't I be?"

"I don't know... can you open the doors though so we can leave?" Mino raised a brow

"Right!" But instead of unlocking the doors, she turned on the windshields.

"Want me to drive?" Pouting, dara got off the car and rounded to the passenger's seat. Mino gaped at his aunt but got in anyway cause they're already running late

"Can we trust his driving skills?" Jennie muttered, leaning to hayi while hanbin already got on, looking over at dara using the side mirror. Jennie hesitated since didn't really wanna die yet but she's the only one left so she got on.

"Sit straight will you!" Hayi slapped hanbin's thighs and he glares at her as jennie gets inside, closing the door

"Jennie, let's switch places." Hayi stood up to switch places with jennie but her idiotic of a brother drove off excitedly, falling out of balance she lands on hanbin's lap who was also startled

"Ya! You idiot!!" Hayi yells