Other 36

Dara eyes a happy jiyong as she prepares dinner. He was persistent in helping her.

"What are you humming about?" Dara raised a brow at a grinning jiyong as he hums while cutting the ingredients in questionable sizes.

"I told you park, the job is too easy for me. I think I'll even be promoted by the time we'll go in production." Dara snorted. Jiyong has started at the BPO company but is still under training. Of course it's easy for the mean time, he just have to attend it like classes. They'll be teaching you basic grammar and ropes to be an agent which includes tool utilization and product-knowledge.

"Tell me that again once you actually start production. You can't even dice vegetables properly." Dara rolls her eyes as she shove joyong aside to correct his mistake.

"I am cutting it! You're just picky." He shrugs, pulling a chair to watch dara

"Just because your stabbing a knife on it, doesn't mean you're cutting it right." In her peripheral view she can see movements so she looked at it to find mino and hanbin teasing her, forming hearts and acting as lovers with hayi just shaking her head, muttering idiots under her breath.

She was happy mino and hanbin finally warmed up to each other but she wonders if she should be happy with them sharing one brain cell.

Ignoring them, she turned to jiyong who was still looking at her.

"How do you cut it accurately that fast movement and without looking at it?"

"It's called skill. Don't you have a daughter to ask about her whereabouts?"

"She's old enough." Was his only answer and dara stopped chopping to clap her hands slowly

"What a real inspiring parenting you have there, kwon." Jiyong sat up straight and tried to reason out

"I'm just giving her the independence."

"First of all, she's still a minor and second, you're just asking her where she is. Does knowing her location make her less independent?"

"Yes. They'll think I can't trust them enough."

"How did that work out so far? If I remember correctly she was drugged in a club where she shouldn't be in the first place." Jiyong scoffs

"Why do you girls love to bring up the past?"

"Because it is relevant with the current conversation? Why else?"

Jiyong rolled his eyes "you always have something to retort back don't you?"

"And you always seem to get tongue-tied after that." Dara smirks

"No I don't!" He denies. "It's because-" Dara turns around to cook

"Of that!" Jiyong stood up to follow her

"How can I say something back when you always walk off or close the door on me?!"

"Gee, I don't know? Process your brain for a quicker reply?" Jiyong opened his mouth to say something back without sounding stupid but can't come up with anything. So when the main door opened revealing jennie, he zoomed there and asked in a loud voice "Where have you been?!"

Jennie was confused with her father's action and turned to her brother for answer but the idiot was just laughing with mino and hayi.

"I-I was playing pool with..."

"She was with me." Jisoo came in with bobby and the rest.

"What?! You played pool without me?" Hayi whined.

"Only noona played with jennie. She didn't tell us she was going to the playground." The triple Kim acknowledged jiyong with a good evening and jisoo made her way to her aunt.

"Well t-text me next time then!"

Jennie slowly inched towards her brother while eyeing her father weirdly and whispered to hanbin "is he ok? Did he hurt his head or something?"

"Ya! I heard you young lady! You talk as if I'm a bad father." Jisoo raised a brow hearing her aunt snort.

"Just ride along. He's trying to have good points." Hanbin chuckled and jennie blinked at him. It's been a long time since she saw her brother's genuine smile and she can't help but grin back

"Ok, I will text you next time, appa." Jiyong nodded and headed towards dara's room and paused then pivoted

"See! It's unfair that I can't walk out! My room is in the living room where everyone is!"

"Imo, why don't you let the poor guy room with you~" jisoo teased loud enough for everyone to hear since they just have a small space where you can see and hear everything from the living room to the kitchen.

"Yeah noona, what if we come here late night and he wants to sleep?" Jiyong grinned, nodding his head in approval

"And why would you come here so late?"

"We often watch movies together or play games. The usual. Come to think of it, we haven't done that in a while." Mino defends their friends

"He can sleep on your bed then you can wake him up after"

"But I hear samcheon is working as a call center agent? He'll be so tired and-" jisoo laughs, running to bobby and hid behind his back when dara showed her the knife.

"Yeah imo~"

"Noona~" dara closed her eyes shut at their persistent teasing

"Yeah dee~" jiyong joins in and she glares at him while he enjoys her annoyed expression. It was the first time he saw dara get riled up and it was fun.

"Shut up kwon or you'll sleep outside."

"And that's why you're going to be an old maiden imo!"

"Don't be too complacent jisoo, you can always break up." Dara smirks at her niece after turning off the stove but bobby hugged jisoo close, shaking his head "who says I'm letting go?" Jisoo grins at her boyfriend's cuteness and the others pretended to barf simultaneously.

"You heard him. This could be you but you're not letting him in your room" jisoo points at jiyong

"Yeah dee, that could be us-" jisoo squeals and ran out, pulling bobby while jiyong dodged the flying spatula.

Jinhwan and donghyuk laughed as they stood up, saying their goodbyes cause the couple have already ditched them like they always do and they don't want to taste dara's wrath.

"Come and eat!" Dara calls them out. Jiyong paused when he was pointed by dara "except you."

"But I was just joking with the kids!" he pouts

👉👈

In case you didn't know, this story will be updated on Mondays.

- c a r e t