Miracle

Lisa was completely unaware of the male figure standing quietly behind her, unassuming or threatening he stood waiting as she glanced across the still waters of the River with tormented eyes, the bright city lights making soft waves of coloured reflections across the water calming her broken senses as she stood with a solemn expression knowing that soon she will need to do the inevitable. For both of their sakes, she only hoped that at the end of it all, Jungkook would not hate her, as she was already hating herself enough as it was.

Slowly wiping the remnants of tears from her swollen eyes she stood still a few moments more before deciding to return to the dorm, things needed to be done.

"Lisa-shi?"

Lisa inhaled a silent gasp, her doe eyes widened as the male figure who stood a few metres behind her stepped out into the light revealing himself to her, surprising her with his presence. She was unaware that she had company and quickly turned to head to the now empty seat that Jungkook and Iu occupied earlier and thought to herself how empty and sad the seat now looked without the young couple gracing it with shy smiles and blushes. Tears threatening to fall again she slowly turned her head towards her guest and greeted him with a raspy "anyeounghasayo sunbae" and a bow.

Lisa hoped he hadn't been watching her long enough to hear her cries, she didn't want to become a burden to anyone with her woes when she has been dealing with issues much worse than this from an early age. She has grown resilient to the nasty comments of people who were vocal about wanting her exit from the group as well as the awful comments about her appearance. To Lisa, they were just people who didn't know her and she was certain that if they did, they would see she is simply a girl chasing her dreams; a dream chaser like everyone else wanting to live life to the fullest.

Lifting her head she looked at him and watched as he asked with the utmost care not wanting to make her upset any further, "are you ok?" Lisa watched as he brushed his hair away from his eyes and took note that he was looking through her, not at her. He wasn't looking at her like a wounded spectacle, his eyes showed her how genuine he was in his query, his tone low, quiet and unthreatening, as though he knew how she felt. His innocent query to her demeanour was all it took for the tears to start brimming and she hung her head as she began to cry quietly. She didn't want to be vulnerable, especially infront of someone she'd only been introduced to less than a handful of times, but Lisa knew he was a good person and wasn't the least bit frightened in his presence. Her hands balled into tiny white fists hung by her side as she began to shiver from the night breeze, the cool air adding to her messed up emotions.

Fighting the urge to cry out loud she bit down on her lower lip and raised her head and looked at him, watching as he placed the mask that he was still holding into his back pocket before removing his hoody and took a quiet step towards Lisa trying his utmost to not scare her as he pushed his arms through the bottom of the hoody and stretched it out to place over head being very careful to go slowly. She surprised him by staying completely still, allowing him to pull it down further with the garment hung just above her knees. He reached further and helped her to feed her arms through the long sleeves before gently taking her hair from the back and pulling it through the top. He watched with solemn eyes as she continued to cry quietly with the occasional sniff her lower lip now bleeding from her obvious attempts to reel in her tears. Removing the mask from his back pocket he reached down to take a hold of her hand and placed the mask into her cold palm before pulling up the hood blocking her face from him, but he didn't mind. He just wanted her to feel warm and safe, it was a small gesture but it made him feel a little better knowing she would be warm soon enough given that it looked like Lisa was wearing a blanket sized sweater, and unbeknownst to him but Lisa could feel his genuine concern.

Lisa appreciated his concern and especially the fact that he didn't try to push her into talking about her current state knowing that if she did, it would not end well. Deciding to hold off her return to the dorm  for now, she surprised him by turning to take a seat on the grass, her legs folded under her making the hoody puff out and covering her knees not caring that she looked like black powder puff with puffier eyes.
Her fingers played with the hem of the garment pulling at a stray thread her thoughts returning to Jungkook. Her heart skipped a beat as she thought about his bunny like smile and how his eyes always wondered to her mouth whenever they were together. The way he would gently tilt her chin up with one hand and softly nibble on her lower lip followed by a slow heated lick with his tongue making Lisa's insides churn with fire.
Lisa loved the way he would place his warm palm against her cheek, his thumb rubbing invisible circles along her jaw while his other hand slowly but gently snaked behind her neck before plastering her to him while he continued the assault with his tongue making her gasp with want making Jungkook take small bites on her neck.

And now?

Why did it have to be like this? Why did it have to be Iu? Why did it have to be Jungkook?

Lisa didn't know how long she sat there turning the loose thread between her fingers and thinking about Jungkook before she heard her companion who she had forgotten about. He was still there, with her and was surprised to see he was sat beside her quietly singing one of his groups songs, and a personal favourite of hers;

유난히 내겐
차갑고 추운 겨울인 그런 날
또 한 해가 날
잊은 듯 지나갔던 그런 밤
우연히 내 앞에 서 있는 너
내게 한 줄기 빛 같았어
누구도 찾아와주지 않던
어둡던 내 하늘에
작은 별이 되어
환하게 비춰 준 너
겨울의 끝에서 난
봄이 되어준 널 만난 건
Oh miracle 내겐 너무도
기적 같은 일인 걸
네가 온 후로 난
이제는 겨울이 춥지만은 않아
날 바라보는
네가 있기에 yeah

For me it was
An especially cold, freezing kind of day
Another year had been passed
As if it had forgotten about me, on the night

You were standing in front of me by accident
It was like a ray of light for me
Nobody would come see
The dark sky of mine
You became a little star
And lighted it up bright

At the end of the winter
I met you who became the spring
Oh miracle, for me, it's such a
Miraculous thing
Ever since you came here
This winters not cold as it used to be anymore
Because I have you
Who is looking at me yeah

And he continued to sing softly as Lisa sat motionless, allowing herself this one small comfort before the storm hit.