Fall

Lisa was grateful for his quiet presence. He never tried to force her into talking about the cause of her distress, but rather he sat himself beside her on the dewy grass. He listened to her not so silent tears, the small hiccups she didn't bother to conceal, her tears landing onto her dark sweater making black splotches at random places on the fabric. She tried so hard to hold it all in but the damn was far too strong having gained its strength from her turmoiled emotions.

Time was not important, she had plenty of that she knew as she sat frozen, head bowed and long gentle fingers playing with a loose thread on the hem of her sweater. She knew it was getting late but she had no will to move just yet, the quiet ambience of the park and the distant lapping of the water against the shores of the River were lulling her senses and all she wanted to do was wind back time to when her life had revolved around the dance studio and her cats. Before there was a Jungkook and Lisa or a Lisa and Jungkook.

In the middle of her messed up thoughts she heard soft humming coming from her quiet companion. The tune was recognisable after a minute, the verse held so much meaning to her. Jungkook had come to her at a time when she had contemplated returning to Thailand when she was receiving hate and racist comments. Albeit those thoughts were fleeting, they had immediately disappeared with the appearance of Jungkook in her life.

Lisa sat quietly listening to his melodic humming, the mixture of soft and heavy tones all played well together as her hands stilled and the loose thread now lying idly on her leg of her pants. Her lower lip caught between her teeth as a battle between her head and heart went at it both trying to hold back all thoughts of the scene earlier from drowning her in a sorrow so deep she feared escape would be as futile as her having the strength to stand and run to confront him. No, she had no strength, and no willpower to do that just yet.

She missed his arms wrapped around her small frame locking her in a warm bear hug, his strength holding her still as she would try in mock attempts to escape from his embrace and shrieking in delight as Jungkook pulled her closer to his chest one arm trapping her to him and the other reaching down to her sides tickling her ribs, both lost in their small bubble for two as their members would roll their eyes begging them to either be quiet or exit the room.

Lisa missed the way he would brush stray tendrils of hair from her face, tucking the loose hair behind her ear before leaning in to plant a small kiss to her temple allowing her a whiff of her favourite men's cologne that she had bought Jungkook for Valentines.

Closing her eyes she listened to her companions humming turn into words, enveloping her in a blanket of emotions that did little to stem the flow of tears from her now puffy eyes. Words playing on her heart strings she silently sang along with him, mouthing the lyrics but not forming any sound. Everything fell silent as she continued to sing mute words, but what she hadn't realised was that as she sang from her heart, her words slowly formed into sound essentially harmonising along to his singing.

He wasn't surprised at all at how well she harmonised to the lyrics having seen Blackpink videos online and their music videos, however he was surprised when she began to sing, he wasn't expecting that. He paused for a few seconds when she started to sing but he let her continue and joined her in the next verse.

....me meeting you who was Spring to me
....to me it was like a bit miracle
....after you came to me, now Winter isn't that cold anymore since you, who looks at me, are here....

She was so caught up in the moment that she didn't realise she had begun to vocalise. At first she started out smooth and somewhat strong only to falter on a hitched breath catching her companion off guard. He waited for her to catch her breath listening carefully incase her tears turned into hysterics just as he saw on movies; but it didn't happen. He watched her silently cry uncaring of the tears now making the patterned splotches on her sweater larger.