Trust - Excerpt

(Hi readers, I wanted to post an excerpt from an upcoming chapter to thank you all for such hilarious and amazing comments. Every comment inspires and motivates me to write more content but to also edit wiser. The song itself is just absolutely beautiful, and if you want to immerse yourself in Lisas emotions, please watch the video and enjoy this part of the chapter that begins from 3:00mins into the video. Thankyou again! 💜🌻)

Park Hyo Shin - Wild Flower

The dazzling memories shine
I call out to you once again

Lisa pauses, her feet mid step, her lips parted and her breath catching at the simple words

Only good memories, only a longing heart
On the path where you left me, I am standing alone

The subtle change in tempo swaying her body. Images of their first date and their first kiss flash before her closed eyes.

Only until I can forget you, until I will be alright
I'll swallow my tears and at the end of my wait

The movie plays behind her eyes, her chest tight and constricts; Jungkook and Iu locked in a kiss

Then once again I will, On top of dry land

Lisa willingly gives her body to the soul of the piano, the melodic tones of the chords taking over as her feet begin to move and stagger forward, one step at a time.

Thin layers of wine coloured georgette weaving around her waist down to the top of her thighs as wispy plum coloured chiffon leave imprisoned romantic trails around her arms.

Jungkook sat frozen and mesmerised, his eyes following Lisa around the stage, her body swaying side to side, an arm reaching out slightly bent at her elbow, palm facing down as her fingers elegantly searching for the solidarity of her partner.

My entire body is burning

Suddenly Lisa arches back raising her arms above her head, before balling them into fists. The pain she had suffered are stuffed into invisible crushed balls as she drags her fisted hands down her chest, pulling at the fabric, the lyrics speaking to her, understanding her. Her untold pain unleashed through non stop motions of her body as she twists and turns, feeling yet unfeeling as her tears stain the fabric that is blinding her vision.

Jungkook is lost, his eyes welling with unshed tears, captivated he watches Lisa use her body and the music to express herself in a hypnotic way that only Lisa could do. He watched her every move, and every whisper of fabric as the whiteness of her skin yearned for their attention.

Iu had tore her eyes away from Lisa, she had never seen an idol display anything so captivating, and marvelled as the audience appeared to be thoroughly enraptured in the performance as Lisa spoke to them through her movements. Glancing at Jungkook to grab his hands, she was slightly alarmed at the visible ticking in his cheeks and the hard line of his red lips. He had not moved since the announcement of the surprise performance of the night that had followed their duet, and at that moment, the tiny green fingers of jealousy wrapped themselves around Iu's heart.

Your scent that remained on my fingers is scattering away

The song reaches a formidable crescendo and without feeling or fear, and unlike the many times they had practised and failed, Lisa places everything that she has, and her trust into him. Arms no longer searching for him she lifts her head, the blindfold firmly in place and dark with her tears her feet begin to run. She is no longer afraid and she runs to him, leaping forward and off the floor with her left foot, arching her upper body and her head back, her arms are stretched out at her sides offering herself to him. No longer a moth to the flame.

Your hand that is growing far apart

Strong arms catching her waist, Lisa releases a small cry. His strength plasters her body to his, the force surprising her as she feels a hand running down her right leg to wrap it around his waist, the other holding her firmly to his side. The fabric of her dress twirling around them, cocooning them in a romantic dance as he turns them around in circles as the music plays out. Lisa threw her arm over his shoulder for support, she was unable to see anything, she was completely unaware that her forehead was touching his, and their breaths mingling.

I can't hold onto it, so it hurts

Hundreds of eyes watch the pair, they seem inexplicably absorbed in the music, and each other.

Lisa had placed her trust in him; JB.

There was not a sound nor a cheer from the audience as the couple threw themselves into their performance. Fans were raising their hands wiping wet eyes and idols were mesmerised by the display of power emanating from the stage.

Jungkooks eyes took in every step, every stretch of arm, every lift of leg, and every point of toe. His eyes welled with tears as he watched with so much pride and regret as Lisa took flight and runs blindfolded towards JB, and as he stood waiting, she hurls herself into the air.

Jungkooks chest tightens painfully and his heart drops to his feet as JBs arms wrap themselves around Lisas tiny waist, catching her in a strong and firm hold. When Lisa leant her forehead to rest on JBs own, Jungkook couldn't stand watching any longer and abruptly stands, turning and ignoring Iu who is now running behind him calling his name, but he ignores her and continues to storm out of the hall, feeling lost and hurt.

Jungkook hated that he and Lisa were not able to show themselves as a couple when they dated, yet there she was, dancing contemporary with the leader of Got7 and no one was saying jack shit.

He saw with his own eyes that she now trusted someone other than him.

And that hurt.........

TBC in future chapters