2

Date: August 14th, 2019Ryan's condo

Ryan's condo

I can't even find the word to describe how I feel right now. This was my first internship in law school and it is under my favorite professor. I worked very hard to get where I am. A lot studying and a lot of networking. My double bachelor's in finance and communication also landed me a job as a financial contract consultant with the Atlanta Hawks. That's only temporary until I save up enough to open my own law firm and finish school. I always wanted more out of life and I just wanted to go to school and make my dad, stepmom and sister proud. My biological mother just disappeared one day when I was 7 and my sister, Jackie, was just two months. My dad, Chad, always told me my mother wasn't mentally stable after the birth of my sister and they fought about him buying the wrong brand of diapers for her. My mother left to get the right diapers and never came back. When I was 10 she passed away. I went through a lot after her death and school was a getaway. My dad met a wonderful lady, Cynthia, two years after when he was working one of his three jobs as a janitor at a court house. The same court house my dad and Cynthia married at after one year of knowing each other. She raised my sister Jackie and I like we were her own. She adopted us a few weeks after. She is unable to have kids of her own. She was an attorney and herself and my father decided to move everyone to Atlanta, her hometown, from Stamford, my home town.

"I am so proud of you son. You have amazing work ethic you get that from me." I laughed nodding my head. "I know dad I know look I gotta finish getting ready tell Jackie I love her." Once I said that Jackie popped up behind our dad smiling big. "Hey big bro good luck and don't embarrass momma." Ryan had a shocked look on his face. "Listen I got this little sister." My dad and Jackie laughed. "Finish getting ready son and come over for dinner. We miss seeing you in person."I smiled nodded my head. "I will love you guys." They replied then we all hung up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sat in the front of the lecture hall looking through everyone in the class grade sheets and student profiles on my MacBook Pro. I was impressed with a lot of people and some people just didn't try hard enough I came across the profile I was looking for. The top student. Kelis Jergens. She wasn't anything I expected. She was drop dead gorgeous. I had a soft spot for black women since the only mother I have and helped mold me into the man I am today is a strong black woman.

Everyone filed into the class with 5 minutes to spare. I closed my laptop and scanned the students and my eyes fell right on Kelis. She was laughing and talking to a hispanic girl as they walked to their seats. I glanced back at her and noticed her setting up everything necessary for the class. A couple minutes later the professor walked in. My stepmother. I turned back around and gave her my undivided attention.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lecture Hall

"The TA starts on Monday and will be helping me grade all the dissertations as well as helping me grade your final exams. His name is Ryan Winters." She put her hand out and smiled at me. I smiled back and stood up and turned toward the students. My eyes scanned the room and I saw practically all the females gushing over me. It made me chuckle as my eyes gravitated towards Kelis.

My face went straight as I just examined her. She had her head turned looking around at the class. She saw the same thing I did but those girls didn't phase me at all. My eyes were fixed on the thick chocolate woman that sat before me. Once Kelis turned her head around I made sure to lock eyes with her. I noticed she got this deer in head lights look and quickly opened her laptop burying her face into it. I just slightly tilted my head intrigued with her actions. Like she did want to look at me. I still stared in her direction hoping she would look back in my direction.

From first looks she was everything to me. Her brown hair set perfectly on her shoulders. Her skin was a rich cocoa/caramel color and her style was very sexy. Her Apple watch flashed every so often. Kelis isn't the typical girl you would think someone like me would go for. I'm suppose to be with the blonde hair blue eyed white girl. Maybe even a girl that wears a size 4 in pants. There was something about Kelis that I gravitated towards and I didn't even know her except what I read on her student portal. I wanted to get to know her more and see what her vibe and energy were all about.

My pocket vibrated as class was letting out. I dug in my pocket grabbing my phone noticing a text from my best friend Jacobe.

The sound of papers hitting the floor made me break away from my phone and looking up I noticed Kelis' papers go flying into the next row

The sound of papers hitting the floor made me break away from my phone and looking up I noticed Kelis' papers go flying into the next row. Without hesitation I sprinted up the lecture hall steps and grabbed some of the papers. She had that same look on her face she had when she locked eyes with me. I thought that was so cute.

"Uh thanks." Her voice was so soft and you can tell she was raised in the south by her accent. Being up closer I could finally see all her features. She gave me a toothless smile. I had to get her to smile. I saw it for a split second when she walked in and thought it was the most beautiful smile I have ever seen on a woman. "You're welcome beautiful...or should I say Kelis." I gave her a sly smirk as she nodded her head slowly still staring at me. "Uh...uh yeah that's me."

My lips formed a very toothy smile as she continued to just stare at me with a emotionless expression. I leaned back against the chair and crossed my arms being careful not to break eye contact with Kelis. "From your student profile you're doing quite well for yourself...sport attorneys is where some of the money is then white collar attorneys make a pretty penny as well." Kelis just nodded her head. I noticed flashes coming from her hand and wrist.

"I'll let you take that. See you in class on Monday beautiful I expect A LOT from you when I grade your dissertation." I let a flirtatious smile appear on my face as I glanced her gorgeous body over one more time before turning around to walk back down the lecture hall steps.

I gathered my things and walked over to my stepmom. "Pops wanted me to come over for dinner what are we having miss lady?" She shook her head shrugging her shoulders. "Your father wants baked chicken and Jackie wants steak so I don't know I took both out." She stood straight up smiling at me pointing in my direction. "Your the tie breaker."

I rubbed my chin debating between the two dinner options. "Steak, pops is losing it with baked chicken he must be watching his weight or something." She laughed waving me off causing me to laugh. "I'm going to Jacobes' house downtown I'll be over afterwards." She nodded her head smirking. "Don't get in trouble with that boy. I'll whoop both of you and his mother would let me. Invite him over for dinner."

I throw my hands up backing away. "We don't want those problems ma." I turned around and saw Kelis walking out the lecture hall talking on her phone. I smiled to myself. I knew I had to get her but I could tell it might not be so easy.

 I knew I had to get her but I could tell it might not be so easy