1

Date: August 14th, 2019 Kelis and Emmi's apartment

Kelis and Emmi's apartment

I stood in the mirror examining my outfit turning from side to side. I didn't know if I wanted to wear this outfit or something different.

"EMMMMMMMI come take my picture please I don't know what to wear I want to see it as a still shoot." My best friend Emmi walked out of her room into the living room shaking her head. "Really friend your a hot mess." Emmi took my phone and started snapping pictures of me. "Ayyyye my best bitch h a w t baby." I just laughed as I took my phone back scrolling through my options and decided on going with my original outfit.

" I just laughed as I took my phone back scrolling through my options and decided on going with my original outfit

I never had confidence or body image issues. My mother instilled in me from day one I was a beautiful black queen with extra to love. My mother noticed I would get extremely thirsty, very exhausted, sweat a lot, and my vision would become blurry. Turns out I developed type 1 diabetes at age 6 like my father. I moved through life like a normal child. Had a two parent home growing up, close relationship with my older sister and twin brother. My parents made sure us kids wanted for nothing even as adults but we all have a sense of independence and responsibility with school and work. Every Jergens kid had the same deal with our parents: go to school and we will take care of everything. I was extremely grateful and blessed my parents could do that for my siblings and I. Not every kid was given that opportunity.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lecture Hall

"The dissertation will be 30% of your final grade. You should have started working on this since the last semester so the law library should be your best friend and the only place you should be this Friday night." Professor Glosser scanned the lecture hall looking at the people that hand in almost every assignment late. You would think Pre-law students had more self-control and a clearer vision of what this major takes. Some of them hate this class but push through because the results at the end will be worth it.

I, on the other hand, loved everything about this class and Professor Glosser was an amazing teacher and she was a young black woman who was killing the game at one point but decided to grace the students of the University of Georgia with her wisdom and knowledge. She helped on cases like OJs, The Aaron Hernandez murder trial, the case of the Charleston, NC church shooter, and the central park 5 case. I admired her work and I also applied for the TA assistant internship to work under her but I found out a graduate student was given the internship over me.