4

Date: August 14th, 2019Jacobe's condo

Jacobe's condo

I pulled into the garage of my best friends Condo parking my 2019 jet black tesla next to Jacobes' camo colored 2020 custom Range Rover. I treated myself for graduating summa cum laude.

Jacobe came from the same poor neighborhood I did. Stamford had poor neighborhoods like any other city but the good outweighed the bad and no one ever knew they had people living in poverty in their town unless you were from there.

Jacobe signed a 5 year/ 15 million dollar contract with the Atlanta Hawks. He was my foot in the door with the Hawks and I am forever grateful for my best friend. Jacobe didn't want to go to school like I did he wanted to play basketball. The moment he got drafted he put school on the back burner. Jacobe grew up in a similar situation except he had his mother. His father was killed by a drunk driver when Jacobe was only 3. My dad always treated Jacobe like a son and Jacobes' mother was so happy for that. Jacobe even calls my dad "Pops".

I opened the door that was in the garage that leads to Jacobes kitchen. I heard music coming from the living room. I walked in that direction seeing Jacobes' phone propped on a bar stool as a blunt hung from his mouth and he hit the floss. He must be on live. I held my stomach as I started laughing bringing myself to tears. "Bro...Bro you cannot be serious right now." Jacobe waved me off as he grabbed his phone. "My dancing is fire, I should be in the next Chris Brown video." I just shook my head sitting down on the sofa. "I wouldn't push your luck my friend stick to basketball." Jacobe snapped his head in my direction. "Oh you a hater hater."

Jacobe sat down on the sofa as well passing the L to me. I inhaled deeply before letting the smoke out in the shape of O's. "I just don't understand how you do that bro like teach me." Jacobe ended his live a while ago now he was turning the channel of the television to the input his XBOX ONE S was setup on. "Got that 100$? You know I'll get to 21 first."

I sat up and we did a quick little handshake. "Watch you owe me that 100$ and have to tell your team you got whooped in a game your in." Jacobe scuffed and waved me off. "That'll never happen." I looked at Jacobe sideways. "My man that 100$ to your millions isn't anything to you."

Jacobe had a shocked expression. "Yes it is I am very fiscally responsible." I scuffed shaking my head. "That car outside is number one...those chains number two...this movie screen as a television is number three, bro I do your taxes and I'll know what your making so yeah I know what you spend your money on." Jacobe sucked his teeth before twisting his lips. "Yeah whatever focus on the game bro." I turned my attention to the game but oddly the image of Kelis crossed my mind. I have to tell Jacobe about this.

"We have to chit chat after this...I have my eyes on someone." Jacobe cut the game off before it even had a chance to load and looked over at me. "What do you mean you got your eyes on someone?"