31

May 3rd, 2020

May 3rd, 2020

I paced back and forth in the living room trying to make sense of everything. Do I tell Kelis or don't tell her? I know exactly how this will go if I do tell her and if she finds out a long time from now she'll be devastated.

I heard the alarm chrip causing me to break out of my thoughts. Kelis walked in and sat her bags down. She must not have felt me staring at her because she just walked towards the kitchen.

Still frozen in place Kelis walked out with a bottle of water and finally noticed me. She just looked at me expressionless before grabbing her bags and walking upstairs.

"Kelis!" I followed after her taking a bag. She looked down at me giving me a toothless smile. "Hey." I gave her a soft smile walking ahead of her.

I sat the bag in the room and she brought the other bag in putting it in the closet. "Thanks." She went to pick up the other bag but I grabbed her hand. She looked at my hand then at me. "We need to talk." She nodded her head and we both walked back downstairs and to the living room.

We both sat down and just looked at each other. "I'm sorry." Kelis finally spoke up. "I should've told you about Q. We're in a relationship and what you said was right." She took my hand in hers sighing deeply. "Communication is key. I would be upset if it was Joi." My body tensed up and Kelis looked at my hands then at me.

"Are you okay?" I took my hands out of hers and rubbed them down my pants. "Kelis I have to tell you something." She looked at me emotionless as she tucked her bottom lip between her teeth. "After I hung up on you I got drunk like really drunk and ended up passing out in your room." She motioned me to stop as she got up and walked over to her purse grabbing her phone.

She walked back over and handed it to me. I looked at her confused then down at her phone and she pressed play. I watched the video and my heart was practically in my throat. I put the phone down as Kelis stood there with tears on the brim of her eyes. "I understand that you were mad at me but that...that was uncalled for."

"Baby please I-" She cut me of by scuffing. "Yeah you were drunk and it was her ass that sent to me the video but you had the opportunity to stop it and you didn't! I can't believe you!" I stood up walking towards her but she put her hand out. "You promised you wouldn't hurt me and you did just that." She took off the ring and then the necklace holding them out to me. My eyes grew in size. "No Kelis please just listen." She threw the jewelry on the table stepping back again.

"For what Ryan? I get that you were upset but I never expected this from you! I would never do that to you no matter how mad I am at you. I could've but I didn't." I furrowed my eyebrows. "What do you mean could've?" She folded her arms across her chest piercing her lips together. "You know exactly what I mean."

My confused expression turned into an angry one. "You have no right to be angry at all." She walked off and I followed behind her. She grabbed her suitcases and started packing. "Kelis...I-"

"Save it Ryan. I'm not surprised though because nothing in my relationship ever work out. I just thought this time would be different but I guess not. Just please leave me alone." Her voice cracked meaning she was crying.

I just turned around and walked over to the bed sitting down. After a few minutes she walked out and over to the bathroom. I followed her and turned her around to face me. She tried pushing me off but I wouldn't bugged. "Ryan please." Her voice cracked again as tears ran down her face. "Please just listen."

She settled down and looked me in the eyes. "I fucked up beyond repair and I know anything I say or do won't change your mind but I love you Kelis. I didn't mean to hurt you but I did...I'm so sorry." She just looked over my face before doing the complete opposite of what I expected. She kissed me. I placed my hands on her hips and she placed her hands on my chest.

I walked us back towards the bed as we just started ripping each other's clothes off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I turned over reaching my arm over to pull Kelis closer to me but the spot was empty. I opened my eyes and looked around the room. I looked at my phone and it was 6:33. I was sleep for almost 6 hours. "Kelis!" I called out but didn't get an answer.

I got up and looked into the closet and her suitcases were gone. I immediately ran downstairs and to garage. Her car was gone and so was carter. I walked into the kitchen and saw a piece of paper on the counter. I pick up and it was folded up in a cutsie way with my name written on it.

I unfolded the paper and started reading:

Ryan...I know you love me and I love you too...I will never stop loving you but some time apart will allow me to figure somethings out with myself...get over my insecurities so maybe I'll be ready to give myself like that again...if that day will ever come....I wish this didn't go the way that it did but I blame myself...I was untruthful about something and that lead you to believe that what you did would be okay. I'm not excusing what you did at all. That hurt me no matter what you just did or what you didn't do. You allowed another female outside your relationship to do to you the things only I should do. I have to allow myself the time to get over this. Ryan I wish you nothing but the best. Emmi will be by in a couple days to pack the rest of my things.

Kelis

I let my tears fall as I read the letter over and over again. I can't believe I allowed myself to let that get so far with Joi. I lost her and who knows if I'll ever get a chance to get her back. I just walked back upstairs to my room and closed the door.

 I just walked back upstairs to my room and closed the door