7.2

Date: August 22nd, 2019 Overlook of Atlanta

Overlook of Atlanta

He nodded his head to my words. "Okay....I was 7 and I remembered hearing my biological mother and my father arguing with each other. I was young so I really didn't think anything of it and I was in the room with my newborn sister. I will always remember this argument because it was so much louder than the others. I peeked out and saw my mother waving a pack of diapers in my dad's face while hysterically crying. From what I know now she looked very disoriented. He was yelling back at her not knowing at that time she was struggling with post-partum. My dad finally got her to calm down and offered to go return the diapers. She said no and that she would. She grabbed the diapers, her purse and walked out the door and never came back."

I had a very distraught expression as I listened to Ryan speak. I also felt I had tears on the bream of my eyes. "A few years after she disappeared my mom's mother called my dad saying that my mom overdosed in the streets. My grandma never liked my dad so much after she claims he ran her off and away from her children. I don't think he understood what he was doing when they were arguing I think he was just defending himself. I just wish she hadn't gave up like that. I was a mommas boy and when she left I asked for 6 months straight when she was coming back. After that I just stopped expressing that I missed her. After a year and a half I just stopped caring and I started to develop a detachment disorder so I was put into all different types of group therapies and was evaluated I don't know how many times. Now I talk to a therapist every other week just to stay on my p's and q's."

He looked at me and I was just reading his body language to get answers to the questions that are swirling around in my head. "What's on your mind babygirl?"

"Do you miss your mom?" He took a deep breath nodding his head. "A lot." I leaned over and kissed his cheek softly putting my hands in his hair moving them around slowly. He told me that he likes when I do that. It relaxed him and I wanted him to be relaxed.  "Ryan I'm so sorry you had to go through that losing anyone is such a horrible experience." He sighed deeply nodding his head with his eyes closed.

"Ryan?" I spoke in a low and soft tone. He looked over in my direction. "Thank you for opening up to me. It's very sweet to see a man's vulnerable side."

"I really like you Kelis. I want to be as transparent with you as possible so you could know everything about me just how I want to know everything about you." He rubbed his thumb over my cheek.

My facial expression read of nothing but happiness. "I really like you too Ryan."

"Can I ask you something?" I leaned my body against his as I laughed lowly nodding my head. "Of course you can."

As he was about to speak my phone started ringing. I reached into my pocket and pulled it out sighing deeply. "Over the past two days Devin's baby mom has been blowing me up from different numbers blaming me for sending him to jail." Ryan shrugged letting out a low chuckle. "That is what he gets he should have never put his hands on you. It sucks a child will be without his father for a long time." I declined the call and blocked this number. "I'm over changing my number I'll just delete and block."

Ryan chuckled nodding his head. "Good you shouldn't have to. Now let's change the subject to something positive." I nodded my head.

"Where do you see yourself in five years?" I cleared my throat. "I see myself married, with one or two kids, living either here or in California with my own sports attorney firm...what about you?"

A saw a sly smirk appear on Ryan's face. "I see myself married, with one or two kids, living either here or in California with my own Law firm." I just shook my head.

"I have to be your girlfriend first before I'm your wife." Ryan nodded. "I'll make that happen soon or later buttercup I don't want you to rush you into anything. Spending time with you now is just as good." I smiled before leaning over placing a soft kiss on Ryan's lips. "Thank you for being understanding."

I was slightly relieved he didn't ask me because I don't what I would have said but a little part of me still wanted him to ask.

After sitting there talking for another hour Ryan and I picked everything up, put it in his car and started driving back to my apartment.

"Are you ready to go home?" I questioned Ryan as he looked over at me quickly. "Of course not what did you have in mind?" I smiled big clapping my hands together. "Great I need to go to the liquor store and Walmart....Emmi broke up with Rodney because of the whole him telling Devin where I was and she's kind of sad, she really liked him so I wanted to throw a little kickback for her." Ryan nodded turning into the liquor store parking lot.

"I could invite my homeboy if you don't mind." He parked the car and we both got out. "That's totally fine. Who's your friend?" He opened the door for me as we walked in to the liquor store. "Jacobe Smith he plays -." I stopped and my jaw dropped. "For the Atlanta Hawks?" Ryan chuckled as he grabbed a basket nodding. "He helped me find your profile." I laughed softly picking up a bottle of Emmi's favorite wine and margarita mixes.

We walked up to the register and Ryan sat everything down. "Can I have a fifth of Hennessy, fifth of summer colada and a fifth of Patron?" The cashier reached up grabbing all three and started ringing everything up. I reached for my card and ID as Ryan coughed really obnoxiously. I looked up at him as he finished swiping his card his card and grabbed his ID back. I tilted my head to the side looking at Ryan with squinted eyes as he quickly pecked my lips then grabbed the bags. I followed him out the store and stopped before opening the door. "Ryan you did not hav-"

"I wanted to because you don't expect it from me. When you're around me you don't have to worry about anything. I'm taking care of you whenever we are or aren't together." All I could do was give him a soft smile and get in the car.

" All I could do was give him a soft smile and get in the car