6.1

Date: August 14th, 2019Downtown Atlanta

Downtown Atlanta

Kelis and I sat on the Ferris wheel as Kelis started out in awe at the city while I just observed her giddy behavior while also  observing her beauty. "This is amazing I have never seen the city like this." Kelis glanced back at me and noticed that I was staring at her. "Is there something wrong with my hair?" She had a panic look on her face as she franticly tried to fix her hair. "No your hair is perfect." I smiled softly pushing a piece behind her ear.

Kelis smiled back at me turning her attention back to out the window. "So what made you want to find me on Instagram?" I chuckled awkwardly rubbing the back of my neck. "Well I was with my boy and I told him about you. I wanted to show him a picture of your beautiful face so that's how it happened."

I noticed Kelis expression went from a smile to a straight face. "Ryan can I be honest with you?" I nodded my head turning my body towards her. "I haven't been on a date or in a relationship in almost three years. It's been hard trying to get back out there after what I went through...it has you look at a lot of people different and causes you to always have a guard up...no matter what this turns out to be if it goes beyond this date or not I just don't want to end up hurt."

She looked me in my eyes as she spoke.  I could hear the hurt in her voice and see the pain in her eyes. She was hurt really bad by someone. I listened very intently to everything she was saying. I took Kelis hands in mines and moved closer to her. I kept my eyes locked with hers. "Kelis I promise that I won't hurt you in any way. You don't need a guard up. I want this to go beyond this date. I'll show you how your supposed to be treated, like the queen you are, that you deserve nothing else. Give me a chance and I'll show you that." Kelis had a soften expression as she just nodded her head.

Before I could give her a chance to speak I felt myself lean forward placing my lips onto Kelis'. Surprisingly Kelis leaned forward into the kiss as I snaked my hands up and behind her neck deepening myself into the kiss. I tugging softly at Kelis' bottom lip causing her lips to part and I took advantage of the moment and turned our simple kiss into a French kiss. Our tongues wrestled around with each other's mine over powered Kelis'. After a few more minutes we pulled apart and Kelis' eyes fluttered opened as she looked at me with a small smile. She reached her hand up and wiped off the lip gloss that was on my lips. I pulled Kelis closer to me as she leaned back resting her head on my shoulder and we watched the view as the Ferris wheel went around very slowly and we sat in a comfortable silence.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was an hour after the Ferris wheel ride, Kelis and I are sitting outside her Parents home. Kelis and I had rolled up and were just laughing and getting to know each other.

"How can you say Mike Epps is funnier than Kevin Hart?" Kelis looked at me like I had eight heads. "I've seen both live and Mike Epps has different jokes Kevin tells the same jokes but switch out people." Kelis busted out laughing. "If anyone is funnier than Kevin hart it's Eddie Murphy he is hilarious without even trying I can't wait to see coming to America 2."

My eyes grew in size and I slightly gasped. "That's real?" Kelis nodded her head. "And a new bad boys movie is coming out rumored to be shot in Tyler Perry new studio here in Atlanta."

I nodded my head taking a pull. "What's your favorite movie?" I held the blunt in Kelis' direction as she reached over taking it from me as she giggles softly. "Don't laugh when I tell you." I started chuckling looking over at Kelis with hooded eyes. "It's either going to be something sick and twisted or something for little kids." Kelis shook her head. "Nope...my favorite movie is Forrest Gump."I nodded in agreement. "Okay okay not too bad I like it too but it's so long."

Kelis took another pull blowing the smoke towards me as I waved it off. Kelis let out a little chuckle. "I really enjoyed myself tonight. I haven't had a good time with anyone but my siblings and best friend. Thank You." Kelis held the blunt in my direction giving me a soft toothless smile and I mirrored her expression.

"Thank you for coming out with me I thought you would've ignored me because I found you on Instagram." I was happy that she went out on limb went out with me and I was excited to see where this all goes. I've had my share of dates and relationships but I never felt that warm feeling for someone on the very first date.

"You aren't upset that I kissed you?" I fidgeted with my watch as I looked at Kelis. "No I'm not at all. If I was I would have took an Uber home from the Ferris wheel and blocked you." I nodded with a sly smile leaning closer to Kelis. "I like the honesty. So you wouldn't be mad if I did this?" I leaned as close as I possible could to her lips without them touching. Her chest started moving faster as her eyes darted between my lips and my eyes. "So if I kiss you again you won't be upset?" I spoke in low tone Kelis shook her head no.

As I was about to eliminate the little bit of space that was left between us a loud knock broke our concentration. I squinted and noticed some dude with an angry expression. "You know him?" Kelis looked back and her body language changed. She turned back to me smiling softly. "I'll be right back." I nodded slowly as Kelis climbed out of the car. Who is that and what is going on? Being the nosy person that I am I rolled down my window so I could hear what's going on.

 Who is that and what is going on? Being the nosy person that I am I rolled down my window so I could hear what's going on