17

December 31st, 2019

December 31st, 2019

I walked over to Kelis setting on the opposite side of the table. "Kelis?" She intentionally ignored me keeping her face in her phone. She reaches for the lemonade but I snatched it back. She shot her head up giving me an angry look. "Ryan stop playing." She reached again and I moved it even higher.

"I know you heard me calling you." She folded her arms and rolled her eyes breathing heavy. "Yeah I know clearly I don't want to talk." I sucked my teeth squinting my eyes at her. "I don't know where the hell all this attitude is coming from but you need to cut that shit out while I'm trying to talk to you." She frowned her eyebrows snatching her neck back. She doesn't seem to be receptive to my soft approach so maybe she'll listen to me now. "I don't know who the hell you think you're talking to but this is not that."

She stood up walking away from me. I sat the lemonades down following behind her. "Kelis really?" She stopped dead in her track turning around. "I'm going back to the house because we are not about to do this in public and she keeps staring over here." I looked over towards Jois' booth and she was indeed staring with her arms crossed. She waved and I wanted to flip her off so bad but she wanted a reaction.

"I'm not giving her the opportunity to try and make me uncomfortable." She walked off picking up her phone. "Kayla can you take me back to the house?....I'm not feeling well...okay I'm headed there now." She put her phone back in her purse and started walking towards the parking lot.

"You're really going to let her run you off like that?" Kelis scuffed waving me off. "She's not running me off if anything I'm saving myself the embarrassment of having to step out of character in front of all these people if she kept coming at me with those slick little comments." She turned around once we got somewhere we weren't seen. "And what the hell does she mean "see you around campus? She's going to UGA?"

"Yeah I guess to get her masters in nutrition." Kelis threw her hands up laughing but I knew she found nothing about any of this funny. "Wow you can not be fucking serious right now. If it's not one thing it's another." Makayla and Emmi walked up causing us to seize our conversation. "Ready sis?" She looked over my face before nodding getting into the car.

"We are finishing this conversation later." She shrugged her shoulders. "Whatever. I'll see you back at the house. Have fun." She climbed into the car. I rubbed my hand down my face watching as Makayla drove off. "Fuck." I pulled my phone out and called Jacobe. "Where are you guys? Okay I'm coming that way." I sighed deeply walking in their direction.

" I sighed deeply walking in their direction