10

Date: August 30th, 2019 Makayla's Salon

Makayla's Salon

"Jackie you have some natural born talent here girl." Makayla told Jackie as she sprayed the setting spray over my face. It was Friday and I had just finished my last class. I brought Ryan's sister over to my sisters salon. I let her do my makeup and she did a bomb job.

"Thank you Makayla I really appreciate you giving me this opportunity. Thank you Kelis for bringing me and for tomorrow. I'm so excited to see Cardi B!" She gave us both a hug as she excused herself to the bathroom.

"Home girl has real talent." I nodded in agreement. "Her portfolio she showed me was amazing. She wants to model too so hopefully I can introduce her to some industry professionals at the party."

"You've always had a given heart Kelis I always loved that about you. Just like mom." I smiled at my sister in the mirror as she grabbed my wig from the stand checking if it's dry.

"How's everything going with your new boo?" Kayla slide a new stocking cap over my natural hair which is now braided down. I couldn't help but smile ear to ear when she mentioned Ryan. "He's everything Makayla." She smiled big rubbing my shoulders. "My little sister in like with someone."

We laughed softly as Jackie sitting down caused are laughing to die down. "My brother can't stop talking about you. He's had other girls in the past but it was more of materialistic superficial relationship with them. My brother actually opened up to you about our mom which he never does. Take my brother off the market girl." We all laughed at her frankness.

"In all honesty I thought he was going to ask me when he took me to this overlook spot in Atlanta last week but we just talked about our past. He brought it up but didn't ask me." Kayla slide the new unit on and turned around so I could fix it for myself. "You give him some?" Jackie looked over intrigued by Kayla's question. As his sister I would've thought she would be weirded out. "My brother and I are close so spill the beans."

"Not exactly just..." Jackie and Makayla looked at each then at me. "Just?" I nodded my head. "Ooou girl yeah you have that man wrapped around your finger." Kayla chuckled shaking her head. Jackie nodded in agreement speaking up. "You two just need to get together already. You want him. He wants you. There's no need of letting societies ideas of a certain time frame of a relationship keep you guys from getting together. If it's meant to be then it's meant to be. Don't fight it."

Maykayla nodded in agreement. "Hey sis she's young but she's right."

"You guys are right. Just wanting on the magic words for him." They both squealed as I turned my attention to phone taking a few pictures sending them to Ryan.

" They both squealed as I turned my attention to phone taking a few pictures sending them to Ryan