14

December 23rd, 2019

December 23rd, 2019

We were in Lenox mall doing some last minute Christmas shopping for Ryan's parents and I wanted to pick up some stocking stuffers for my family.

"Would she like this one?" I held up a parda briefcase that was all black leather with a gold latch. "Or this one?" I pointed towards the red Gucci briefcase with a sliver buckle. "I think the red one she doesn't have red." I nodded and grabbed the red briefcase. "Now your dad. I already have Jackie's gift. I bought it in Trinidad and Tobago she is going to love it!"

"My dad likes golf, reading, BBQ, fishing and unfortunately the patriots." I nodded my head grabbing Ryans hand walking over to the register. "What about my gift?" He pretended to cry.

I laughed softly nudging him. "You think I would shop for you while your with me yeah right." I placed the bag and my other things on the counter keeping my eyes on Ryan.

"Well if it isn't miss perfect." I turned my head around coming face to face with Devin's baby mother, Bridget and Devin's sister, Deidra. Behind me in the line at Sacs Fifth Avenue. I closed my eyes sighing deeply pinching the bridge of my nose ignoring her as the cashier scanned my items. I swiped my card handing the cashier my ID.

"This your new lil boyfriend?" She pointed in Ryan's direction. Ryan looked at her dumbfounded and he slightly turned so he was between us.

She laughed hysterically. "You out here buying designer bags and shit while my baby and I are struggling! All because of you!" She slammed her hands on the counter.

I gave the shopping bags to Ryan stepping around him. "No you and your baby are struggling because your baby daddy put his hands on me just because I didn't want to be with his abusive ass anymore. Might I add that was while the both of you were together. You may not love yourself but I do so you can have that toxic ass shit while I sit here and buy my designer bags and shit not getting dragged around like yesterday's trash. Babe I'm ready to go."

She stepped towards me causing me to put my things down again stepping closer to her. "Don't let this pretty persona fool you sis I can get down with the worst of them. You hit me first I'll have to lay that ass out." My southern accent was heavy because of how upset she was making me. Ryan stepped back in between us holding me back. "I don't care bitch you can catch this fade." She pulled her hair into a ponytail.

I shook my head. "You really want to embarrass yourself by getting beat up? What will that change? Devin will still be in jail." She tried to swing at me but Deidra stopped her grabbing her and walking towards the exit but she managed to turn around and pointing at me. "I'll catch you in these streets bitch without your little boyfriend."

I shrugged my shoulders. "And Devin will still be in jail." I waved as she flared her nostrils storming out with Deidra behind her. I rolled my eyes hard as I picked up my stuff. I grabbed Ryan's hand and we walked over to the sports store and I bought Ryans dad a New England Patriots Jersey, T-shirt and some other small trinkets.

"I'm not even going to lie I was going to let you beat her ass but mall security would have called the police." We both laughed as we reached his car putting the bags in the trunk. "What are you craving?"

He tapped his chin while we both got in the car. "Chinese or Mexican." We both looked at each other. "TACO TUEEESDAAAY." We both hysterically laughed.

"Now that I'm remembering you technically already met my parents but I think you should come meet them more formally and come with us down to Savannah to Tybee island for New Years Eve. It's a family tradition of ours and it'll be so much fun. We're going down Monday morning and coming back Thursday night." He nodded his head smiling. "Yeah that does sound like fun. Jacobe will be upset we were supposed to go out with him maybe he'll want to come." We pulled into the parking lot of the Mexican Restaurant. "He'll have to talk to Emmi about coming."

"You, JJ, Kayla and I can probably drive down together in Kayla's car since she has the bigger car." We walked up to the counter ordering our food and eating at the restaurant. Once we were finished Ryan dropped me off at my parents' house walking me to the front door.

"Meet me at my house afterwards I'll have your gift for you." He leaned down kissing my lips softly as we said our goodbyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

December 25th, 2019

After spending Christmas eve and Christmas day with our families I met Ryan at his condo. When I got there he was standing outside looking at the lights we put up on his condo. He turned around and smiled at me walking over to my car opening the door for me. Once I was out I locked my doors and we stood on the sidewalk. I leaned my head against Ryan's arm.

"Merry Christmas." He handed me a small box. I smiled big taking the box lifting the top revealing a key. I frowned my eyebrows together. "What is this?" He guided me to his front door pointing to the lock. My eyes grew in size as I placed the key in the lock twisting it causing the door to unlock.

"Ryan, I don't know what to say." I shook my head handing him the gift I got him. I got in my car as Ryan ran behind me but I pulled off before he could get to my car. I don't know if he was asking me to move in or just giving me the key but my body became overwhelmed with fear and I panicked.

 I don't know if he was asking me to move in or just giving me the key but my body became overwhelmed with fear and I panicked