32

May 3rd, 2020

May 3rd, 2020

As I was driving to my sisters I decided to make a quick stop. I pulled in front of my brothers condo and noticed her car in his driveway but not my brothers. I got out the car and walked up to his door.

I knocked lightly and a few moments later the door swung open and there stood Joi. She had an irritated look on her face and her arms
across her chest. "You can cut the act and all that shit. You had us all fooled and believing that you genuinely cared for my brother when you just wanted Ryan the whole time."

She just blankly stared at me before breaking out into a fit of laughter. "You chose to believe it. Ryan knew what he was doing and he could've stopped me but he didn't. I could've fucked him but I spared you and your brother that much." As badly as I wanted to two piece her I refrained myself.

"You are sick. Karma will have her day with you-" The sound of screeching tires caused me to turn around and see JJ hop out of his car and stormed up to Joi and I.

"You have 10 minutes to get your shit and bounce shorty. You got my sister and I fucked up." Joi shrugged her shoulders. "My stuffs already in my car." She sashayed away from us but she turned around before she got in her car. "Maybe I'll go see Ryan...finish the job."

"You fucking weirdo!" I started to walk in her direction but JJ stopped me. "She's not worth it." I let out a frustrated sigh and walked into the house as JJ closed the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

May 3rd, 2020

I sat on my sisters couch with my natural hair pulled into a messy bun and an oversized t-shirt with a bowl of cherries in my lap. I decided to stay here for a few days. Keep her company. My sister was in her recliner rubbing her growing stomach.

"I'm thinking about moving." My sister didn't bother looking away from the tv. "Closer to mommy and daddy or me?"

"To California." Kayla looked at me confused then she had a happy expression. "Omg so you did hear back from the schools. Aww my baby sister is going Ivy League." I chuckled softly nodded my head. "I'm excited but I'm nervous. I'm going to be all by myself on the opposite side of the country."

She paused the movie and got up walking over to sit next to me. "KK you know you got this. We are all a phone call away. A flight away. Shit I'll even road trip it to cali. Just know we are all here for you."

We engulfed each other in a hug. "So which are you going with?" She invited herself underneath my heated blanket. "Stanford. I wanted to go there since I was 12. This is a dream come true. It just sucks it's happening at the same time as everything else."

Kayla rubbed my back. "Yeah I know but look at it like this: an opportunity to just let go and focus on your career." I nodded my head in agreement as we turned our attention back to the movie.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

May 13th, 2020

I packed the last box into my trunk as my mom, dad, JJ, Emmi and Kayla were all there.

My dad gave me a bear hug and rocked us back and forth. "You and your twin don't need to drive. It's not too late to fly. I can have all your stuff meet you th-." I put my hands on his and he stopped talking. "Dad please we'll be fine. We are leaving this early to stop in Dallas, Phoenix and LA. I promise we'll be safe and responsible."

He nodded his head before kissing the top of mine. "Your mom and I are so proud of you princess. I love you." I squeezed him a little tighter. "I love you more daddy." We broke the hug and my mom came over smiling big. I mimicked her smile. "My baby girl is leaving me." We gave each other a tight hug. "I'll be back for graduation that's in two months mom. This is just an early admission program."

We gave each other double cheek kisses before my sister came over. "I'll be out there in two weeks to do your hair....and shop." We both started laughing hysterically as we gave each other a hug then Emmi came over with a gift bag.

"Open it now." I reached into the bag and it was a crystal, a photo album and a card from my godparents. She pulled out a matching one. "Watch." She pressed something on her phone and both crystal lit up red. "This is the first time since we were kids we've been apart for this long and I want you to have this and I made a photo album with pictures of us. Every time either you or I use the app it will light up the other the same color no matter how far apart we are." I gave her a big hug and she wrapped her arms around me hugging me tight.

"We'll visit each other pooh. FaceTime and all of that I will never forget my best friend."She smiled big and gave me another hug. "You better not." Everyone laughed before JJ and I got in the car. JJ looked over at me smiling. "Ready Ivy League?" I laughed nudging his shoulder. "Yes I am doctor." He popped an invisible collar. "You already know." We both laughed as he put the car in gear and pulled out of the driveway.

" We both laughed as he put the car in gear and pulled out of the driveway