28

March 4th 2020

March 4th 2020

I walked out of Macys after buying my sorority sisters each something for the the retreat this weekend. I am so excited but Ryan won't stop talking about how he doesn't think it's a good idea that I go.

"It's driving me insane Emmi. He absolutely hates Q and I keep telling him he needs to just relax." Emmi's facial expression had me very confused. I squinted so I could focus on her body language. "What Emmi?"

"You should tell him about Q. You know it was more than just a fling no matter what you say but you're in a relationship now and around a dude who most likely still wants you. Ryan isn't dumb and can probably sense something....but that's up to you best friend."

"I don't think so. That would just create unnecessary tension. That happened a long time ago. It means nothing now." I automatically started my car as I walked in that direction.

"You'll be able to see this weekend." She snickered and I just rolled my eyes. "Bye Emmi." I hung up on her because I can't deal with her antics sometimes. "Hey Kels." The hairs on the back of my neck stood up as I heard that very distinctive voice. "Cat got ya tongue?" I turned around and Devin was standing in front of me.

"Don't do anything stupid in a parking lot full of people." He chuckled at my comment moving closer to me as I stepped back hitting my car. "Just wanted to see how my favorite girl is doing." I tried stepping to the side but he put his hand on my waist pushing me back against the car pinning me in place. "Devin let me go or I will scream." I spoke through gritted teeth. He chuckled sinisterly as he stepped closer ignoring my demand pulling up his shirt showing me a gun.

My eyes bugged out as I tried to step to the other side but his hold became even tighter to the point it hurt. "Why do you keep fighting me Kelis?" He leaned in placing a kiss on my jawline. My phone started ringing and I answered causing him to step back. I unlocked my car and got in. I locked the doors and Devin just stood there pulling at the handle and beating on the window. "KELIS YOU CANT RUN FOREVER."

"Baby are you okay? What is going on?" I looked down at the phone shaking my head. I looked up and Devin had a look of pure evil on his face as he kept pulling at my handle and beating on my window, now with his gun. At this point I had tears running down my face and people were looking but no one did anything to help. "Baby what is going on?" I looked at the phone then back at the window once the yelling stop. Devin was gone. "It was Devin!" I looked around the car and even in the back seat just to make sure he didn't finesse his way back there.

I looked back at Ryan and his nostrils started flaring and his jaw was flexing as he put his phone down. "Ryan."

"Come straight home." I can hear the anger in his voice. "Okay." He picked the phone back up and giving me a reassurance smile. "Okay. I love you." I wiped my eyes nodding my head. "I love you too." We hung up the phone and I immediately started my car and pulled out of the parking lot driving straight home.