33

May 13th,2020

May 13th,2020

I laid in my bed just staring at the ceiling letting my thoughts consume me. What is she doing right now? How could I fuck up? Did her and Q do anything and she's playing victim?

I heard the doorbell ring and knocking on my front door but I've had my phone turned off and just staying to myself since the breakup. "RYAN JAY WINTERS I HAVE BEEN CALLING YOU." The sound of my stepmoms footsteps ascending up the stairs caused me to pull my comforter over my head. "I just want to be alone please."

I felt her pull the comforter from over my face and my biological mother was there too pulling the curtains open. I didn't even know they knew each other. I shield my eyes from the sun. It's been 10 days since I've been anywhere. "Ryan enough is enough you need to get up and move around, get out and do something with yourself. I understand your going through it but sweetie sitting here feeling sorry for yourself will not make you feel any better." My stepmom sat on the bed next to me and my mom did the same.

"Exactly honey, you missed school and work that's just not like you. We all miss seeing your face. Cynthia made a wonderful meal. Your dad and Jacobe are downstairs. Your sister is still mad at you but she'll come around." I nodded my head and got up walking to the bathroom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After dinner everyone left but Jacobe. He stayed behind so we could just talk and chill.

"Bro you know I keep it real with you and I'm not the one to beat around the bush...but you fucked up." He did a simple layup as we were playing basketball in my driveway. He tossed the ball my way and I just kept dribbling as we talked.

"Yeah I know but I have hope maybe will get back together soon rather than later. I know I fucked up and but I love her and she loves me...she just needs time and space that's all." I mimicked Jacobe's layup causing him to nod. "Yeah she's getting plenty of space."

I frowned my eyebrows together tossing the ball in his direction. "What do you mean?" He sat the ball down and pulled his phone out. A few seconds later he gave me his phone.

I just stared at the post in disbelief

I just stared at the post in disbelief. She's moving across the country and who knows when I'll ever see her again...if I ever will. "You okay bro?" Jacobe put his hand on my shoulder. I nodded my head handing the phone back over to him. "Yeah let's keep playing." I did everything in my power to hold back the overflow of emotions I was feeling right in this very moment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

May 23rd, 2020

As I walked up to my dorm room building I was in awe. I'm actually here at my dream school. Enrolled to get my law degree. I worked my entire life to get here. To make something of myself and to make my family proud.

I looked down at the map guide on my phone and found my dorm. I opened the door and it was fairly quiet with the exception of small conversations.

"Omg Hi! You must be Kelis. I'm Kelly the resident advisor of the new MLK Hall." She spoke in an enthusiastic tone reaching out her hand.

I nodded giving her a bright smile shaking her hand. "Yes I am. Nice to meet you."

"Let me help you and take you to your room." She grabbed two bags and guided me down a hallway. "You requested a single and we had one left to give to a freshman and it is brand new down to the door knobs and light switches. If you choose to you can keep this room during the fall semester."

She opened a door and we stepped into the most plain and basic room I've have ever seen.

"You can make everything here your own. I'll leave you to unpack." She gave me a set off keys and a gift bag. As I sat my bags down and JJ walked in with some totes and bags on a cart. "I had to sit and watch some really cute asian girl and her parents finish using this. I got her number. Don't tell me stanford is where it's at. I might have to come to medical school here."

We both started laughing hysterically as he helped me unpack. "It'd be cool to have my twin here but you want to go to UCLA. Just 5 hours apart." He pushed against me slightly as we smiled at each other and kept unpacking.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As we were getting my groceries out the car my stomach started feeling a little funny. Like I had cramps. All of sudden I had the urge to throw up. I put the bags down and ran straight to bathroom emptying the contents of my stomach.

"Woah Kelis are you okay?" My brother rushed in behind me holding my hair. As I just continued vomiting. After a few minutes JJ handed me a wet towel and I cleaned myself up.

"I think the sushi we ate didn't agree with me." We both chuckled as he walked out of the bathroom and I started brushing my teeth.