22

January 7th, 2020

January 7th, 2020

I peaked at Kelis then focused back on the road as I drove us to campus. It's just the regular start of a new semester for myself but for Kelis it would be her last semester. She had a calm demeanor but I know she probably has a million and one things on her mind. This is her last semester as an undergraduate that is a lot of pressure. I know law school acceptance letters should be coming out soon so that alone is nerve racking. As well as she has a whole routine for founders day for her sorority in less than a week she had to teach to about 35 ladies. Her dad fallen ill was a wrench in her plan she wasn't expecting so I know she's under a lot of pressure and she's very nervous.

"Ready for your last semester babe?" I pulled into the student parking lot as she nodded sighing softly. "I am but I'm not. I'm so nervous about these acceptance letters."

I chuckled softly as we both got out my car and grabbed our bags. I took her hand in mine and walked towards the law building. "You have nothing to worry about except picking out of all those acceptance letters."

She looked up at me smiling big. "But then that means we'll be almost 3000 miles apart. I don't know if I'm ready for that either." She dropped her head before I lifted it up by her chin looking her in the eyes. "Don't worry about that. We'll get through it baby." She nodded as I pecked her lips.

"Founders day is around the corner and getting this choreography perfect for the alumni and all the people attending is super important and then checking on my dad and mom. I have a lot on my plate babe."

I stopped us from walking and took her hands in mine. She looked up at me with knitted eyebrows. "Baby you got this okay? Everything will fall into place for you." She smiled again as we walked up to the law building. I opened the door for her and Emmi was standing not too far away. She came over and shared a long hug with Kelis.

"You got this best friend." She nodded as she looked at me wrapping her arms around my neck pecking my lips several time causing us both to smile hard. "I'll see you at 1:30. Love you."

"Love you more." I kissed her forehead then we walked in our separate directions.

" I kissed her forehead then we walked in our separate directions