Chapter 17: Realization

Anna's POV:

*Aarav Shrestha accepted your friend request.*

I wasn't expecting that. He accepted my friend request that meant be forgave me? I wanted to text him so badly.

"Hii" I typed but couldn't send.
He'd think I was waiting for him.
I was stuck between text him and don't text him.
Then I realized I must apologize to him in person not through text. So I turned the WiFi off and went to the balcony.

Stars were slowly accompanying the moon. And the moon was blushing.
I had the habit of talking to the moon from my childhood. That day too I told moon everything that happened in the college. Moon shined brightly and expressed me to keep on trying.

I saw mom and dad on the way. Then I went down to open the door for them.

"Aarav! you were really stubborn. Poor Anna." Nancy spoke in the middle.
"You're right Nancy. This stubborn man made me do so many things." Anna gave Aarav a cruel look.
"Listen now! I'll tell what happened." Aarav said.

Aarav's POV:

As soon as I got home from the tour I went to camera repair shop. I dropped my camera there and went back to home. Dad was cooking dinner. I told him everything about the tour except Anna and the camera incident.

Next day, I was scrolling my Facebook wall. Everyone was uploading tour's picture. Then I saw a group picture. Anna was in it.
There were 6 girls, and my eyes were stuck on Anna. She was different kind of beautiful. I stared at her for few minutes and I couldn't help myself but like the picture. After that I decided to take a nap.

*Anna Shakya sent you a friend request.*

With that notification all my sleep vanished. I clicked on her profile. I was still mad at her so I didn't accept the request. I started looking her pictures. Within a hour I completed looking all her pictures.
I wanted to accept the request but at the same time I wanted her to realize her mistake.

"What happened?" Dad asked me, looking at my confused face. I was so busy stalking her profile I didn't even knew when dad came in my room.

"Nothing dad." I lied.
"I know you son so don't lie and tell me." Dad held my hands.
"Is it related to a girl?" He added.
And I nodded. I showed him Anna's picture and told him how Anna and I met, how our friendship started, how comfortable I was with her, how I shared my weakness with her and how our friendship ended.

"It's a good thing Aarav." Dad smiled at me.
"Why?" I asked him.
"People get angry, only with those people who they care about." He patted on my back.
"Anna got angry with you because she cares about you. Because you matter to her. If you were no one to her she could have just ignored the gossips." Dad added.
"But dad she trusted someone else over me." I defended myself.
"Maybe she was thinking about you at that time. The idea of you being with someone else hurt her, you know what that means?" Dad blinked at me.

Dad had a point. If I was in Anna's position maybe I could have done the same thing. Maybe Anna was afraid of losing me. Then only I realized things from Anna's point of view.

"Now accept her friend request." Dad said and I kept my head on his lap. He played with my hairs and without realizing I slept on his lap. He never made me miss mom in home.

When I woke up I was alone in my room. Dad left a note for me saying he left for his office. Then I decided to talk to Anna directly in the college.