Sterile.

Requests are open! Just pm me :)

Prompt:

Requested by: @rory1014

Hope this turned out good

Enjoy!

YOUR POV

"I want a baby." Natasha told me with confidence as she sat down in the chair across from my desk. Setting my pen down on the smooth oak surface, I leaned back in my chair and gave my wife my full attention.

"I know we've kinda discussed the topic but," Nat sighed, "I'm ready to raise a child. I've been out of SHIELD for awhile and I just..."

"Hey, it's okay." I leaned forward and grabbed her hand, "I want a baby too."

Nat smiled softly at me, squeezing my hand in hers.

"There's sperm donors we can look at together, decide who we want. I'm sure if we asked Steve he would say yes, then our baby would be coming out with a big fat booty!" I joked, Nat laughed so hard she snorted. It was adorable.

"Hell, what if we asked Thor? I'm sure that grants us some royalty up in Asgard." I lightly chuckled as Nat shook her head at me, the same bright smile on her face whenever we talked about having our own little bundle of joy running around.

Her lips turned into a thin line as the laughter died down, myself wiping the tears from my eyes.

"Who's going to carry the child?" Her voice was little shaky, her grip on my hand becoming tense as she looked straight in my eyes with a mask so I couldn't see what she was feeling.

I cleared my throat, "I think you should. I mean I got all this work today with the business and my boss is running a tight ship right now. I read somewhere stress isn't good for babies. Besides, you don't our first child to look like me." I tried to lighten the mood when her hand left my own, hiding in her lap.

"I mean look at me! Like why did you marry me." My self deprecating humor stopped when I realized Nat wasn't laughing. Her head was casted down slightly as she fiddled with her fingers.

"Hey," I cooed softly, "Whats wrong?"

"I-I I can't get pregnant." Nat finally looked up at me, her eyes welled with more tears that hadn't already ran down her cheeks as she shrugged lightly.

My heart stopped beating and my mouth went dry. I didn't know what to say. Was I supposed to say something?

"I was raised in what they called the Red Room. It's where all my... training... happened. Before they sent us off on mission, they had to make sure we were sterile. We were taught to use any mean necessary to complete our mission. They didn't want us to get pregnant and ruin what they had created. We were taught feelings were bad and only made you weak and that having a family... well, they only slowed you down. So, they got rid of the only choice we could make." Nat explained with a heavy heart and yet her tone was dry, eyes distant as she recalled everything she had ever went through.

"Nat, I didn't know. I'm sorry I-" I stuttered.

"It's okay, y/n. I was scared to tell you. The memories aren't something I like to revisit. Although it happens anyway." She chuckled bitterly.

"The nightmares?"

Nat nodded her head.

"I'll get pregnant then. I mean we'll have an ugly baby but-"

"Stop!" Nat giggled as she walked over towards my chair and sat in my lap, "Our baby is going to be gorgeous."

"We're having a baby." I cheered softly as I hugged her close to my body.

"We're having a baby." Nat smiled into my neck.