Gone.

Requests are open! Just pm me :)

Prompt:

Requested by: @spaceysavannah

Hope this turned out good!

Enjoy!

NATASHAS POV

"NAT GUESS WHAT!?" I heard y/n yell as she burst into the training room bouncing around with excitement. I noticed the twinkle in her y/e/c and it made my heart melt.

"What?" I giggled under my breath as I reached for my water bottle.

"I'm going on a mission! Dr. Cho finally cleared me from that injury a few weeks ago!" Y/n punched the air a few times before jumping around some more.

"That's great!" I smiled at the girl, pushing down the sick feeling I had in my stomach. "How long will you be gone?"

"I think Gamora said a year but you never really know." She scratched the back of her neck.

Wait. A year?! An entire year without seeing y/n around the compound laughing, getting into trouble with Peter and having our scary movie sessions?! My heart hurt at the fact that I wouldn't be seeing the love of my life for an entire year! A lot can happen in a year and what if she doesn't make it back? What then?

"Natasha!" Y/n yelled.

I jumped, "What?"

"You zoned out for a second. You okay?" Her head titled slightly to the side as she furrowed her eyebrows.

"I'm fine. There's actually something I need to confess..." I fiddled with my fingers as I started to feel nervous.

"What is it?" She asked.

"Y/n! Are you all packed? Quill wants to leave tonight so we can get a head start on Ronan." Gamora called over to us.

"I'll be right there!" Y/n yelled back. "What did you have to tell me?"

I shook my head, "It's not important. Go. I know Gamora doesn't like to be kept waiting."

Y/n nodded, giving me a hug and a quick peck on the cheek before running out of the training room.

My face flushed and became hot, a wide smile curling back my lips as I held my hand up and touched the spot that she had kissed.

One year later

"They're back!" Peter squealed in excitement, running through the front door and out to where Quills ship had landed. I followed Peter out as a few others trailed behind me.

I ran over to Rocket since he came out of the ship last, "Wheres-"

"Y/n!" Peter yelled happily.

I saw Peter embrace y/n in a tight hug, my breath hitching in my throat when I saw her smile at me over Peters shoulder. She looked good. Her face had matured a little more in that year and her hair grew so it was a little longer.

"Hey." I husked when y/n was now standing in front of me. Y/n just pulled me into a hug and stuffed her face in the crook of my neck releasing a big sigh. Wrapping my arms around her I heard her heart beat erratically due to my head on her chest.

Pulling back from the hug slightly I looked up to see her dirt smudged face, a few bruises and cuts littering her skin.

"Let's go get you cleaned up." I smiled softly at her before I took her hand and dragged her towards the medic bay.

Y/n hopped up on the bed as I grabbed a first aid kit.

"How was the mission?" I asked.

"Long. But we got to see and meet some pretty cool people. Turns out they were just trying to kill us but they were still cool."

"I'm glad to be back though. I missed you."

Her confession made my heart start beating faster in my chest I thought it was going to explode.

"I missed you too." I blushed, dabbing at a cut on her cheek. "I didn't know if you were going to make it back and I would hate myself for not telling you how I felt."

"I'm here now." Y/n took my hand and gently pulled it away from her face, holding it in her own hand.

I took a deep breath and released it through my nose, "I'm kinda, you know, in love with you."

Sinking my teeth into my bottom lip I waited for the rejection to come, to hit me like a truck and make me wish I never told my best friend those words. They never came. Y/n simply smiled before she leaned in, our lips inches apart before she sealed the gap between us.

I sighed in content as I felt her soft lips against mine. The small kiss didn't last long and we both smiled when we pulled away.

"I'm kinda, you know, in love with you too. And have been wanting to do that for awhile now." Y/n laughed lightly.

"Maybe you should go away more often if I'm guaranteed a kiss when you come back." I teased causing y/n to laugh.

"I'll give you all the kisses I can while I'm here. I love you."

My heart started beating fast again, the butterflies swarming my stomach and I knew I would never get tired of hearing that confession.

"I love you too."