Chapter 6 - The old scars

A kind hearted old woman took me home earlier. Her house looks simple but sweet, it fits the owner's personality very well. She then brought me to my own room upstairs.

This is a two storey house with 3 bedrooms upstairs, and 1 guestroom downstairs.

The furnitures are all clean and well kept, it means that she has a companion before. Siguro may katulong sya dati tapos umalis na?

"Mrs. Xin, do you live here alone?" I asked her.

"Uhm, to be honest with you, I do have a maid, but last month she had an emergency at her home far away from here, so she will not be able to come back for a few months." She answered while making a fresh fruit juice here in my room. "Also, I told you before didn't I? You don't have to be so formal with me, you can just call me Grandmother."

I smiled and answered "Yes, Grandmother".

"Good, you are my granddaughter now. And by the way, my only son and his wife already passed away, 18 years ago." Her eyes became sad.

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that." Then she handed me a glass of juice.

"I have two grandsons, both grown up now, and it's sad that I don't have a granddaughter. I always thought that if I have a granddaughter, how sweet would it be? That two grandsons of mine, aish. They'd better look for a wife and then bring them home. Much better if they could give me great grandchildren right away." She laughed after saying that.

"Grandmother, are your grandsons not visiting you here?" I asked and then sat at my bed, ooooh, so soooooft!

"Of course they do, once or twice a month. They are both busy with their own things. I'm just an old woman, who cares for an old dummy woman now?" Tss, she's like a child now.

"Don't say that grandmother. No matter how busy they were, they must check up on you at least weekly, being busy is not a reason to not come home." I consoled her.

"You're right, that's why I want to have a granddaughter. Girls are the most sweet, thoughtful and cute. Those 2 little bastards doesn't even accompany me on shopping." She complained.

Think about it, Cazpher is also a boy, soon he'll be a man, will he neglect me then? Owwwww huhuhu doooooon't he's mah babbyyyyyy! No no no! *Shaking my head*

"Ahh, yeah. I just remember, after 2 days I need to get back to work." I drank the remaining juice in my glass after saying that.

"Oh I see, but you should come home every night, okay? No matter what, I'll be waiting for you before going to bed." She whined. Oh, what a lovely grandmother she is, too bad, her grandsons doesn't have time for her.

I laughed and assured her "Of course, grandmother. Besides, I have no other place to stay. You don't need to wait for me to come home, I'll definitely will, don't worry."

"Very well! Now, take a bath first then let's go buy groceries."

--

4pm na ng hapon at nasa isang supermarket kami ni Mrs. Xin.

"Grandmother, what kind of foods does your maid cook before?" I asked while choosing vegetables.

"She cooks western food, the common foods here in America. I'm already used to it." She answered while putting meat on our cart.

"You're chinese right, grandmother? Don't you want chinese cuisine the most?"

"Well yeah, but she only knows to cook few dishes. Most of the time I do the cooking, especially when my grandsons came to visit me."