Chapter 41 - Checkmate.

Author's PoV~

Chairman Crissanto is having a hard time going in and out of the company for almost a week now, reporters and stockholders are following him wherever he go.

"Dad, are you sure about that 'President Yan' you are talking about? Look at this mess! Look at what happened in the company! He made it worser than ever!"

His son said while clenching his jaw in anger. Chairman Crissanto on the other hand remained silent, carefully observing the situation and immersed in his own thoughts while looking outside the window.

I know that Presidet Yan's decision making and planning is superb, aside from that, her point of view is also weird. But thinking about her achievements in America, I know that it's the right thing to trust her, but ... but the situation got worser than I imagined.

Will she really help me or she's just playing with me?

No, she can't be making fool of me because she needs my forces, she must've been facing complicated things.

"Dad?! Are you even listening? .. Gosh, I can't beieve it! I'm going to see that Idiot!"

"STOP!"

Treyton halted his steps and turned around to see his father's dark face.

"TRY TO OPEN THE DOOR OF THE CEO'S OFFICE AND WE'RE DOOMED!"

Ito ang unang beses na nagtaas ng boses si Daddy sa'kin ... What exactly is with this 'President Yan'? Does Dad really trust him? No I must make a way to chase him out of here! Treyton thought.

"Dad! Look at the situation, he's not doing anything! Are we going to face this crisis without doing anything at all? Dad can't we──"

"STOP IT AND LISTEN!" Chairman Crissanto paused and calmed himself first before explaining, "There are still 5 days before President Yan will come out, let's just wait, I know he's planning something."

"Planning? Heh." His son smirked. "Planning? He's just clearly watching the show, he's not doing anything at all!"

"Just trust me, Son."

Treyton stared at his father's eyes, they are burning and determined.

"Okay, Dad." He agreed, "But I hope you won't make a fool out of yourself." Then he went out of the office.

*Knock knock*

"Chairman, the board wants to hold an emergency meeting." His secretary's soft voice resounded from the ajar door.

"Mm, I'll be there."

---

"Chairman, we would like to know your plan! How will you solve this matter?!" A board member asked, the anger on his voice cannot be hidden.

"Can this even be solved?!"

"I'm going to sell my shares and leave this company as soon as possible!" Another board member said with determination.

Chairman Crissanto sat there with a frown, but he didn't utter a single word.

President Yan's words echoed in his mind, "They will eventually show you their true colors. They, as in the people who chose to leave you instead of helping you."

"Why don't we just ...

... Sell Crissanto Corporation?" His trusted friend proposed.