Chapter 25 - Lugaw is Life

Lu Yu Shen's PoV~

I'm at a hotel room opposite the hospital. My brother told me everything that the old man said. Is it really a coincidence?

Cai once told me that Elyan is searching for her biological father. It's her serious personal matter, so I didn't want to interfere with it.

But if you think of it closely ... The old man said that his first granddaughter disappeared in a tragedy 24 years ago, even before it was born. Elyan is 24 years old, if I'm not mistaken. Her mother is an Army Lieutenant 24 years ago. The 300-year-old necklace she is guarding at the Silver Auction House is from the Celestial Family. I don't know how Eighteen managed to get it, but it is from a Military Family in the Philippines.

Celestial Family's oldest son is my father's best buddy. They are both the youngest General during their prime years.

"Cai."

A figure appeared instantly behind me.

"Master."

"I want all the informations about the Celestial Family, including the tragedy of the old man's oldest son 24 years ago."

"Understood."

The room went silent again.

That old man, he is probably ...

"Bro." Zhixin checked if there's anyone outside the room before closing the door, "You're right. He's not a simple person. I went back to his room to give him the reward money, but it's already empty. Even the nurses didn't notice him. Should we investigate his identity?"

"No need. He won't let us know anything."

"Right. He didn't even gave us his name."

*Knock, knock, knock, knock, knock*

Our attention was caught by the loud and hurried knocking on the door. Zhixin immediately open it, it was Lissa, Elyan's assistant. I told her to watch Elyan's condition closely.

"Master's condition is not stable and she already lost consciousness. The doctors said that her lungs are already infected by the poison."

We immediately went back to the Emergency Room only to find out that Eighteen is already performing the surgery on her.

I wanted to strangle him to death, but I can't. He is a skilled doctor, unfortunately, he is forced to take over his family's business.

But how does he feel right now? He is performing a surgery on his so-called girlfriend, while I am here── being useless.

I clenched my fists and bite my lower lip, why am I so incompetent when it comes to her?

---

3 days, she's sleeping for 3 days already.

The doctors told us that some of the poison infected her lungs, so Eighteen performed the operation right after she lost consciousness.

"How long do we have to f*cking wait for her to wake up?" I asked the doctor checking her vitals.

"She'll wake up in less than a week, Sir. Don't worry because the doctor who performed the surgery is the best in the country."

Damn, do they have to f*cking tell me that part? I already know it, you don't have to repeat it a thousand times!

---

Elyan's PoV~

"There's a ChocoCoffee Cake waiting for you at home, so you'd better wake up now. It's already your 4th day here ...