Chapter 31 - Auction

Lu Yu Shen's PoV~

In front of Silver Auction House ...

"Lu Yu Shen, everything's ready." Eighteen's voice echoed from the earpiece I am wearing. This earpiece is just a little bigger than a rice grain, so you won't notice it at one look, especially in the Auction House which is always dim.

"Mm. Keep her by your side, lose her and I'll cut your neck without a second thought." Lose her and I'll lose my sanity.

"Hey, hahaha. Don't act like you're her father. Instead of threatening me, you must use your energy to keep a close eye on her 2 cousins."

"I know what to do. Shut up." I said while taking a last look on the blueprint of the whole place.

"Yeah haha, chill. So how many men are with them?"

"10──2 with them, 4 outside the auction house and 2 on each car they brought."

"Got it."

We can't alarm the public eye of what's happening that's why we need to work together to ensure Elyan's safety.

Tonight is the Auction night, the night that she will meet her cousins. Just as we anticipated, they are planning to assassinate her tonight.

We can just kill them but she doesn't want to, she said she wants to negotiate some things with them.

"Killing them will not solve the problem, it will just get bigger and I will never be able to live freely." She has a point though. *Sigh*

I put the silencer on my favorite gun, Cabot 1911 Jones Deluxe and hid it inside my coat then went out of my car.

As I entered the Red Carpet, I scanned the VVIP seats and saw her sitting there with Eighteen.

I smiled, because my seat is just next to hers.

Fact about her── she likes to wear light-colored blouse or polo at work, mostly white ... but during events or gatherings, she always wear dark colors. She's like a different person in every different situations, and I love it.

I'm at the end of the red carpet when someone pounced on me. It was Cinnery, the daughter of my mom's bestfriend.

"Hey, Yu Shen! It's been a long time! How have you been these past few years? You've grown much taller, ayt." She said, her arms are hooked up on me.

"Hands off."

I saw her pout. Why is it that when Elyan pouted, she looks cute, like a little child .. but when this woman pouted, she looks like a little dinosaur, if not, a dog. *Sigh*

"We're on public, so keep your distance. Please."

"You're still as cold as ever, Yu Shen. Fine, but our seats are next to each other, haha! Come on!"

She is pulling me by the hand, walking towards the VVIP seats. I locked my eyebrows and took back my hand when we're almost there.

I sat next to Elyan, she smiled sweetly at me while Eighteen's eyes on the other hand became darker. Heh, do you really think that you could be with her alone? That's not gonna happen.

I was about to remind Elyan to take care of herself later when a middle-aged man came and greeted me "Yu Shen! Haha, the last time I saw you, you were still in high school with Cinnery. But look at you now, young and successful." It is Uncle Laymont, Cinnery's father.

I stood up to greet him back "Uncle, it was indeed a long time."

"You're still the expressionless young man in my memory! Hahahaha." Cinnery suddenly stood up and hugged me from the side, "Daddy, don't tease him okay."