Togata Mirio x Reader : Say So

there was never a moment where the man didn't smile. except for one moment, but you both promised to look past that moment of your lives as one. he always was the brightest person alive. you could never ignore that. but there was one problem, only you saw. he was too shy. and it killed you.
you were in the prime of your youth, and you wanted him to be upfront. it was a headache to see him become so shy. you felt like choking him when you were almost there to initiating a kiss and he'd run away. this went on for months. up to the moment of your senior year, mirio has become so invested in becoming a better hero, you both barely saw one another. you also heard so much about him, mirio really had the ability to pull others into his circle. but for some reason, it felt like you were the only one who was alone here. and it killed you.
mirio was training in one of his classes when you walked inside. you just wanted to see how the class worked, but your heart melted once you saw him working so hard. it hurt your heart to see him look so down. you pressed a hand against your heart softly and swallowed hard. slowly walking to comfort him, you stopped as someone else ran to him. she was a first year, her arms pulling him up once more and smiling at him with love in her eyes. he pat her head, continuing his training.
your heart broke into pieces. you knew he wasn't one to cheat, but why was he giving his affection out this easily? we're you both not at that stage yet? were these two years just a waste? tears filled up on your eyes and you turned your head, not wanting to be seen. you sighed and walked to him, something had to be said. as you walked, the whole aroma turned sad, everyone's motions were slowed and they turned to see your power being uncontrollable at this point. mirio turned to look at you, and his mind froze. how long were you there? he didn't know. he didn't notice.
you lifted a hand and took a shaky breath, pressing it onto his shoulder as you frowned softly. why was your heart still melting? didn't he just hurt you? you didn't like this effect he had on you.
"(y/n), i'm-"
"don't be. it's okay. i'm sorry for keeping you by me for these two years. maybe you weren't comfortable. and i know that sucks. i just....i just wanted to be perfect for you. i wanted us to be perfect. is that a lot of ask for? i'm sorry if it was." you said with a sigh, turning to leave but you felt him hug you from behind.
it's been a long time. you knew that. but your heart was still racing, like the first time you held hands. like the first time you kissed. like the first time you met eyes.
"no. i'm sorry. i'm sorry i've been so afraid. i lost everything. i felt like i had nothing on this planet when i lost nighteye. nothing felt normal anymore, not even my family. but i kept on forgetting you. the you that always stood by my side. i wondered what's made me feel so lonely. i wondered if i truly was worth something. why should i be alive when so many died for me? what have i ever done for them? i feel so useless everyday, everything hurts. i always smile. i try my best. but nothing ever feels right. when i feel like the smiles should stop, my mind wanders to you. you always tried for me. you smile all the time and try for me. you want to be a couple? i want that too. you want to kiss? i want that too. hell, if you want to get married right now, i'd do that too. i want everything you want, as long as it means i won't lose you. i can't lose you. losing you will be the last piece to me. the biggest piece of the puzzle would be gone. i'd have no reason to be alive. you're my reason for everything. so i'm sorry. i'm sorry for being the worst boyfriend. i'm sorry for never giving you what you wanted as a person. i just wanted to love you in a way where we wouldn't somehow get hurt. i wanted to love happily." mirio was crying, his tears were wetting you shoulder.
you didn't care though, your tears were strong his arms. feeling the same feelings as you did once you first fell in love, you spun around in your arms and hugged the man. your arms encircled his neck, pulling him down for a slow kiss, letting go only to press your face into his chest. he smelled of sweat and cologne, and it was your favorite scent on him.
mirio sobbed into your hair, the feeling of your hands on his back felt soothing. they felt like heaven.
he just needed to say so, then everything would've been fine. everyone stared, but he didn't mind. he just wanted his heart back in his arms.