soulmate au!Eijirou Kirishima x Reader : Hanabi

he looked at his wrist in dismay, eyebrows furrowed as his mind tried to piece together what you were trying to convey. he loved his soulmate, he really did (despite never meeting them), but honestly they had the weirdest way of communicating. the small shapes strewn across his arm made his brain hurt trying to decipher what you meant. a soft nudge to his side made him sigh in realization that he would not be able to find out what you were trying to say.
"is it them again?" sero asked, the grin on his face growing wider.
the red haired male nodded, smiling fondly to himself before looking back at his friend. he looked back to the television, staring at the colors play across the screen. class 1-a watched the movie go one until it was about time to turn in. kirishima went to bed a mess. his head was hurting, his mind searching for answers to figure out what you were doing. the small numbers you wrote, and the stars you drew...why did you do all of it? though sometimes he'd draw a penis on his arm to bother you. then for days he'd see nothing.
moments like those made his heart race. how could he, someone of little stature, be connected to you. everyday at five in the morning, there'd already be scribbles on his arm. and then at eight at night they'd finally stop. it's like you never stopped talking. but a small part of him only disliked it. it took him hours of thinking of who you were to finally make him tired. and with that, he fell asleep, dreaming of you.
the next morning, the male woke up and went to class. they were told of the upcoming festival, and that all of the kids were to wear their yukata and participate. for some reason, a part of him was anticipating for that day. he knew something fun would happen. a villain? or maybe just games? he really like eating fresh takoyaki too...kirishima grinned at the thought of it. for the new few days, there was nothing from you. the occasional mark, and sometimes notes for a quiz, but other than that...nothing.
it didn't bother kirishima. not one bit. though he did wonder what was happening, why it was happening, and what you were doing 24/7. this didn't bother him. he went to the festival in a bright mood, but with a heavy heart. he breezed through the festival with little to no fun. the occasional jock, yes, but it wasn't anything his classmates couldn't handle. and so, as the stars finally rose, he went into the field and sat down. he wasn't like this, but for some reason, you were clouding his emotions. what happened to you? what happened so badly that he couldn't even figure out? kirishima held his head in his hands, taking a deep breathe before feeling his heart ping. you wrote.
looking to his arm, he felt scared. what was it going to say? are you happy? are you well? he just wanted to know everything. biting down on his lip, the male slowly looked at the etches on his arm:
are you watching the stars tonight?
his heart skipped a beat, he was right to bring a pen today. fumbling to pull open the cap, kirishima quickly wrote out a "yes", and waited for your reply. not even a minute later, you wrote "good." the conversation went back and forth, just small talk between the two of you, and he swore he wished to just hold you once as soon as that shooting star flew by. his heart was heavy, it was weighing down on him. but your last message of the night made him fall back into the grass and cry. cry until he was ready to go back home and sleep. and all of his dreams were of you again. you wrote:
this all feels like a dream...thank you for being mine.

whew! it's been a WHILE !! i'm not back for good but i was listening to this and felt inspired so here's my short blurb of the night <3