Keigo Takami x Reader : There Are Worse Things I Could Do

there are worse things i could do
than go with a boy or two

the look of defeat on your face when hawks entered your hare apartment that night didn't fail to surprise him. he just had gotten in from a night out with the boys, drinking at clubs while you were to be at home, sound asleep. so, of course, when the male's vision cleared and he saw you sitting on the sofa with tears streaming down your face, it was a bit of a shock.
"h-hey," he cleared his throat, "hey (y/n)...what're you doing...awake?" the hero asked with a nervous smile, scratching the back of his neck nervously.
"oh, i'm sorry. i was supposed to be asleep right? but i was going to. don't overthink it, i was supposed to be asleep. but of course, i got a text from one of your work buddies about what they saw. couldn't believe my eyes...you're quite the popular guy." you hummed, your voice being smooth with no cracks.

even though the neighborhood
thinks i'm trashy and no good
i suppose it could be true
but there are worse things i could do

curse your quirk. your quirk worked with your voice, you had to ability of a siren almost, it was sickening. though, hawks thought it was charming on you. he scratched behind his ear nervously, trying to figure out what you were sent from his night out. the look on your face wasn't giving much away either...curse you for being able to keep a straight face. the male sighed, taking off his jacket and placing it on the rack before slipping off his shoes. you only stared, waiting for him to fully enter the room before showing your phone towards him.
a picture. picture of him. him with someone. someone he was kissing. kissing like he was doing dental work on the stranger. oh god, he was fucked.
"i...i...look, (y/n)! this isn't what it looks like!" he began to explain, moving right beside you for you two to talk face to face.
you pushed the other male away, glaring at him. he hated that look in your eye. like it was his fault. it wasn't, they jumped on him first, so why is he the one being blamed?
"it isn't what it looks like? do you think i'm fucking stupid? it's exactly what it looks like! (f/n) literally sent me a video of you pulling that person back on your lap to continue your saliva sharing!" you exclaimed, voice finally breaking from its calm restraints.

i could flirt with all the guys
smile at them and bat my eyes
press against them when we dance
make them think they stand a chance
then refuse to see it through
that's a thing i'd never do

hawks grunted in annoyance. you're beginning to tick him off. you absolutely knew that he loved you, so why're you getting all worked up? running a hand through his hair, the male sent a glare towards your way. crossing his arms across his chest, the male only sighed once more.
"it's not like that. it's not that big of a deal!" he exclaimed, looking to your sullen eyes.
"not that- not that big of a deal?! are you serious?" you gawked at his response, eye widened and face sullen.
"it's not like i went out with someone every night?! i could go out and flirt with all the girls, and take them to a motel! but i don't, do i? i come back to you every god damn night! so why're you making this seem like i'm cheating on you?"  your boyfriend was serious.
staring with now tear filled eyes, you sighed. what was happening to you two? it's not like you were losing him, no, but he felt distant all of a sudden. like all of the time previous to now didn't matter at all whatsoever. everything was shattering slowly, you knew it. but you couldn't make yourself admit it.

i could stay home every night
wait around for mr. right
take cold showers every day
and throw my life away
on a dream that won't come true

"what's happening to you? you...you weren't like this. why're you letting your fame corrupt your mind?" you asked softly.
the tone of your voice quieted down, and hawks knew you were about to cry. he moved close to you, but you flinched, backing away without meeting his gaze at least once. your boyfriend huffed in annoyance, looking away with closed eyes. his mind was boggled on what to think. what could he say? it's not like he wanted to be upset with you; no, he could never, but you were making it difficult for him.
"look, i'm not letting my fame get to me. what's wrong with having fun? what...did you expect me to be perfect and always come to you? please (y/n), we aren't kids. i can stay out as long as i want." hawks answered, his fists clenching and unclenching slowly.
you shook your head, the small sound of water hitting a soft surface being heard. you were crying. your tears dropped on to the wooden floor, and hawks yearned to wipe them off for you.
"n-no...it's not that! i...i just want you home the times where you could be home. i b-barely see you...but...i see that you don't want to see me anymore." you swiftly moved into the bedroom, grabbing a small bag of your items.
hawks trailed behind you, watching you take clothes from the closet messily and fill a bag, your body rushing to move. everything you owned was taken from the apartment, and your belongings that were shared were left at the home. the promise ring you wore was left at the bedside table, alongside other small accessories and trinkets you adorned all throughout your relationship. your boyfriend felt his emotions fume, were you throwing this relationship away? so easily? his heart hurt, his mind was swarming with reasons why and how to stop you. but he didn't. you walked past him and went to slip on your shoes.

i could hurt someone like me
out of spite or jealousy
i don't steal and i don't lie
but i can feel and i can cry
a fact i'll bet you never knew
but to cry in front of you
that's the worst thing i could do

"(y/n)! wait!" the male grabbed your wrist, pulling you back inside of the apartment as you two stared at one another.
your eyes were hollow, the tears staining your cheeks as you just pushed him off. there was no saving what was already broken.
"i-i'm sorry. i know what i did was wrong and god," he ran a hand through his hair, "if i could go back in time i'd make sure i wouldn't ever do something so stupid. please don't leave. i only love you. in my whole relationship with you, i've never lied. i haven't done anything bad like how the media sometimes says i am. i am one-hundred percent your guy. please...(y/n), i need you." he explained, falling to his knees as he held on to your arm gently.
pulling off his hands, you opened the door and left, rushing off. you didn't know where you were going, but you knew you deserved better.
hawks watched your figure escape, falling to his knees. he slid against the now closed door, placing his head in his hands. his mind was filled of you. even when he kissed that stranger, it was you on his mind. hot tears rolled down his cheeks, and the hero let out a loud scream. all the pain he felt during the whole ordeal just released itself in his one scream. he couldn't cry in front of you, he could even murder someone, but to cry in front of you..it was the worst thing he could ever do.

a/n: finally done. whew. i feel like it made no sense. someone make a tiktok outta this. muah 💋