Aizawa Shouta x Reader : 中庭の少女たち

he had to get up. a part of him was wanting to rest, needing to die, but his heart and mind were pushing his body up. broken and battered, the male looked defeated, but a part of him couldn't stand back and watch you protect him. he wanted to help you. especially as you were now thrown into the rubble, but aizawa watched the fire in your eyes as you ran up once more reversing quirk to confuse shigaraki. how could someone give up so much?
but it's not like he didn't know how you're feeling. the feeling of willing to give up your whole life just to protect the people who meant the world to you? he knew it all too well. for some reason, whenever he watched you do the same, it couldn't help but think, why? you were his wife, a mother, and a teacher. an angel sent from heaven.
"shouta! get your ass up and fight." he heard a familiar voice call.
ah, that was his heart calling. pushing himself back on to his feet, he fought alongside you in battle. he wondered what
made him come to marriage. what happened for him to have a child with a woman who had nothing in common with him? as he went to defend you, his mind wandered off to when you two first met:
you came to pick up something from present mic, and instead of walking normally, you tripped and fell on to the future hero. smiling down at aizawa, his heart remained calm. but that was not until he realised that you two were kissing. his heart exploded then. pulling yourself up, you grabbed the textbook and rushed off, leaving him on the ground. the male only saw you after that day, as you began to hang out with him wherever you went. aizawa's life began to be molded around you...and he began to like it. the way you smiled when super excited and the way you blushed whenever present mic would say a raunchy comment. he still wouldn't forget the day you proposed to him.
"aizawa!" you exclaimed, running up to the male, now about 19.
he only stopped in his tracks for you, waiting for you to catch up before looking over you up and down. you weren't wearing your uniform, just a long coat and some heels. his mind assumed you were going away...but why? his arm reached out to hold your own, pulling you into his chest as a group of students rushed passed you two.
"ai...zawa..." you stuttered out slowly, pushing yourself off of the man before holding his face gently.
there was a pregnant pause, like you were searching something through his face. like his face had the answer. but he was searching for the answer within your features. why were you dressed like you weren't ever going to come back? what was this feeling?
"marry me, when i come back in a year." you spoke with the familiar twinkle in your eyes, like you were certain for it to happen, and you would make it happen.
the male would only stare back with a reddened face. marriage, huh? he never even expected himself to date someone, and you were already on the topic of marriage? you were insane. but for some reason a part of him became obsessed with you, and he couldn't just leave it to go unnoticed.
"yeah, whatever." was his response, but the small smile on his face indicated that he was content and willing to.
looking over to where you were standing, a part of him couldn't actually believe he got married. it was to happen, but if it wasn't you, he wouldn't have done it. as you two saw your students rush ahead, he watched the familiar smile on your face. the smile of true pride and love. as you two walked behind to sit on some rubble, you then leaned your head on your husband's arm, looking to him with a soft smile. aizawa kissed the top of your head gently, pulling you close and resting for a few minutes. standing back on to his feet after the short break, he stared down at you and held his hand out. you grasped his hand softly, standing up and smiling at your husband with a soft blush.
"you're a hard worker. i find it extremely adorable how much you love these kids. that's my shouta." you said after another pause, leaning over to kiss his lips gently.
"mhm...love you more." he mumbled out, pulling you close and kissing your forehead.
he didn't know why he loved you so much. he never was like this. aizawa knew there was something within your chest that bloomed every time you two were together. he wasn't going to deny the same thing happened to himself, and so as you two walked back into the raging fight, he felt himself feel much more confident. maybe it was a you thing.