Toshinori Yagi x Reader : Dream Lantern

pt 2 of somebody to love !

But lately I've lost sight of the truth in those words
I can't even remember when I gave up believing
What could have been the reason?
he searched for her constantly, looking for her through records of the school. he lost her. where had she gone? he didn't know. all her knew is that he needed her. running into the classroom, he was out of breath, and it was the last place he saw her. he watched class 1-A stare at him, before he cleared his throat and looked at the students.
"fellow children, what happened to (y/n)?" he asked, raising an eyebrow at them.
midoriya rose his hand, explaining with a quiet "she moved back to the country, she wanted us to give you this." his small hand reached out to give the former hero a small woven bracelet, one you tie on your wrist. toshinori was confused. what did this bracelet mean?

two years later

toshinori wore his yukata as he travelled through the city. japan was more vibrant at night, but even more vibrant during the lantern festival. he bought his lantern, thus holding it very tight to his chest as he grabbed a marker. standing by the river, he began to write his wish onto his lantern :
if i couldn't have one more moment with you, (y/n), my life would be complete.
the town began to count down, and eventually people released their lanterns. toshinori looked at his lantern go, flying up in the sky as it floated higher and higher. he stared at his bracelet, kissing it softly as his dream moved farther away from him.

(THIS WAS SOOO SHORT IM SORRY I HAVE EXAMS COMING UP (i actually wanted the story to be like this but longer) BUT I HOPE YALL STILL LILE IT IM SO BUSY THESE DAY AHSBAHAB)