The Beginning

I sat in my dark room, watching Netflix on my laptop. I wasn't even sure what I was watching anymore. I glanced up from my sketchpad to see that I had somehow ended up watching The Little Mermaid. I smiled to myself and started humming along to Under the Sea. I loved Sebastian. That little crab was a sass master. I think I had started with watching Face Off. Don't ask how I ended up in the Disney section because I don't even know.

A noise from outside caught my attention. I slowly got up from my bed and opened my window, leaning out. There was nothing on the overhang that surrounded our house. At least not at this part. My house was one of the nicer ones in Beacon Hills. I lived with my brother Scott, and our mom. I heard the noise again and realized it was coming from around the corner, above the front door. I slowly climbed out onto the overhang that made for sneaking out of the second floor easy. I crept around the overhang, my bare feet, padding softly. As I rounded the corner, I heard tow screams and saw a pair of legs holding onto the overhang. I jumped at the screams but recognized them both easily. One came from my brother, Scott, and the other came from his best friend, Stiles who was basically my other brother.

"Stiles, what the hell are you doing?" Scott asked, sounding kind of breathless. I giggled silently as I took a seat in front of Stiles' feet. "You weren't answering your phone!" Stiles replied, sounding equally breathless. "Why do you have a bat?" Stiles asked after a moment. I could imagine Scott standing there, bat at the ready as Stiles hung over the edge. "I thought you were a predator!" Scott snapped at his best friend. "A pre..." Stiles trailed off with a laugh. "Look, I know it's late, but you've got to here this. My dad felt twenty minutes ago; dispatch called. They're bringing in every officer in the Beacon department, and even the state police." Stiles told him, a hint of excitement in his voice.

I decided then was a good time to reveal myself. So I jumped down and landed a few feet from the porch. Scoot and Stiles both screamed again and Stiles jumped down, backing up next to Scott. I laughed at them, shaking my head. They both looked freaked. Scoot had the bat at the ready and Stiles stood next to him. "You guys are adorable." I told them, smiling widely as I put my hands on my hips. "What the hell, Eve?!" Scott snapped, glaring at me. "It was fun, Scott." I replied, smirking at him. "Now, what are they calling the police in for?" I asked, crossing my arms over my pajama top. "They found a body in the woods." Stiles said, his shock at my appearance replaced with excitement again. "A dead body?" Scott asked. I rolled my eyes and shook my head. "No, a body of water... yes, jackass! It's a dead body!" Stiles snapped. He was so full of sass that I loved him for it. "You mean like murdered?" Scott asked. "Nobody knows yet. It was a girl, probably in her twenties..." Stiles told us, shrugging his shoulders. "Hold on, if they found the body, then what are they looking for?" I asked, cocking my hip. "That's the best part. They only found a half! We're going." Stiles insisted, grabbing my arm.

You may be asking why the hell I was getting dragged into the woods in the middle of the night by my little brother and his best friend. Well, it's because I watch way too many cop shows. I watch NCIS, Bones, and Castle. If you haven't seen them, watch them now. Especially Castle, Castle is hilarious. So I hopped out of Stiles blue Jeep where he parked next to the Beacon Hills Preserve. The sign said no one could enter at night but we honestly didn't give a shit. I followed the younger boys into the preserve, walking through the dirt in my flip flops and pajamas. "We're seriously doing this?" Scott asked. "You're the one who always bitches that nothing ever happens in this town." Stiles pointed out as we headed into the woods. Stiles pulled out a flashlight and turned it on. "I was trying to get a good night sleep before practice tomorrow..." Scott grumbled, hands shoved in his hoodie.

"Right, because sitting on the bench asks such a heavy effort." I teased. Scott glared back at me and I smiled, sticking my tongue out between my teeth. "No, because... I'm playing this year. In fact, I'm playing first line..." Scott told us, huffing slightly as we climbed up a small hill. "Hey, that's the spirit. Everyone should have a dream. Even if it's an unrealistic one." Stiles said, smiling back at my brother. "Just asking by curiosity, which part of the body are we looking for?" I asked as I walked past Scoot and up behind Stiles. He paused. "Huh." he shrugged. "I didn't even think about that." He replied before shrugging again and pushing on. "And, uh... what if the one who killed the girl is still out here?" I asked, smirking at Stiles. "Also something I didn't think about!" Stiles replied as we climbed another little hill. "It's comforting to know that you planned this out with your usual attention to detail!" Scott called, trailing behind us slightly. "I know!" Stiles replied, ignoring my brother's sarcasm.