Car Chases and Accusations

"Faster!" Stiles shouted from the back seat of Derek's Camaro. "Are you shitting me right now?" I snapped at him as I glanced into the rearview mirror at Kate Argent's pursuing SUV. "Evie, I don't think you're grasping the concept of the car chase here." Stiles snapped at me. "If she goes faster, she'll kill us!" Scott shouted at him from the passenger seat. "Well, if she doesn't go faster, they're gonna kill us!" Stiles replied, waving his arms widely. "Hold on boys!" I called before putting the petal to the floor. Kate's car picked up a little speed as it tried to follow us before driving away from us. "They're gone." Stiles muttered, confusion in his voice. I slowly let off the gas a little so that Scott wouldn't be right and I wouldn't kill us.

Stiles leaned into the front seat before turning on the CB radio. "All units, suspect is on foot heading into the Iron Works." The voice over the radio told us. "Did he say the Iron Works?" Scott asked, looking over at Stiles. "On it." I replied before picking up speed. I sped down the stretch of road until I saw the flash of a rifle and heard the shots being fired. "Get in." I called, pushing open the passenger door as Scott hopped in the back with Stiles. Derek ran out from his hiding spot and practically flew into the passenger seat. "Go! Go! Go!" he called, pulling his door closed as I stepped on the gas and tore out of there. I glanced over at Derek to see he was already looking at me. His eyes were intense and I felt my chest clench as tension surrounded us. We hadn't really spoken since he kissed me – or since I kissed him. I wondered if he regretted it. I didn't.

"What part of laying low don't you understand?" Scott asked Derek as he and Stiles both stuck their heads in between my seat and Derek's. "Damn it, I had him!" Derek snapped, anger and frustration in his eyes. "Who, the alpha?" Stiles asked, eyes wide. "Yes! He was right in front of me, and the friggin' police showed up." Derek growled. "Whoa, hey, they're just doing their jobs –" Stiles started before I cut him off. "Yeah, thanks to someone who decided to make him the most wanted fugitive in the entire state." I snapped, glaring at Stiles and Scott through the rearview mirror. "Can we seriously get passed that? I made a dumbass mistake. I get it." Scott grumbled, remorse in his voice. "Alright, how did you find him?" Stiles asked, changing the subject. Derek just looked at him in annoyance. "Can you try to trust us for at least half a second?" Scott snapped at Derek. "Yeah, all of us." Stiles added before receiving a deadly glare. "Or just them. I'll be back here." He muttered before disappearing into the back seat.

"Look, the last time I talked to my sister, she was close to figuring something out. She found two things. The first was a guy named Harris." Derek started before Stiles butt in. "Our chemistry teacher?" he asked. "Why him?" Scott added. "Other than his asshole-ish nature?" I asked, smirking slightly at my words. Mr. Harris had always been a huge asshole to everyone. "I don't know yet." Derek mumbled. I saw the ghost of a smile tugging at his lips as he fought to keep his expression stern. "What's the second?" I asked as I flicked my gaze to him for a second before returning it to the open road. "Some kind of symbol." Derek replied, pulling out a piece of paper with a crude drawing on it. There was a wolf with a star or moon on a misshaped circle. "What?" Derek asked, noticing something I didn't. "You know what this is?" he asked my brother. "I've seen it on a necklace. Allison's necklace." Scott replied grimly.

The next day at school, I stood with Scott by his locker as Jackson approached, looking unusually smug. "I know what you are, McCall. Both of you." Jackson started, leaning against the lockers with his arms crossed over his chest. "Wh-what?" Scott asked as I looked between them in confusion. "I know what you are." Jackson repeated as if we were stupid. "I'm sorry, I have no idea what you're talking about." Scott told him. "Me neither." I added, hands placed firmly on my hips. "Yeah. Yeah, you do. And here's the thing. However it is you came to be what you are, you're gonna get it for me too." Jackson said, his voice menacing – almost. "Get what for you?" I asked, pretending to be bored. "Whatever it is. A bite, a scratch. Sniffing magic fairy dust under the moonlight – I don't care. You're gonna get it for me, or, uh – she's gonna find out about it too." Jackson threatened, his eyes locked on something behind us. I turned and saw Allison talking with Lydia. Jackson brushed passed me and over to them before putting of a fake smile and pretending like nothing happened.

"Did you get her to give you the necklace?" Stiles asked Scott as the three of us sat down at our usual lunch table. "Not exactly." Scott replied, looking depressed and mopey. "Ah. What happened?" I asked as I picked at my pepperoni pizza. "She told me not to talk to her. At all." He told us as he played with the spaghetti on his plate. "So, she's not giving you the necklace." Stiles said, summing up the situation. "She's not giving me the necklace!" Scott snapped at him before going back to being mopey. "Well, did you find anything else out?" Stiles asked gently. "Just that I know nothing about girls and that they're totally psychotic." Scott grumbled. "I could have told you that." I teased him, earning a half-hearted glare.

"Okay, I came up with a plan B just in case anything like this happened." Stiles said, clapping his hands together. "What's plan B?" I asked hesitantly. His plan A didn't exactly work out very well. "Just steal the stupid thing." He muttered. "Couldn't we try at least getting to Harris?" Scott asked. "My dad put him on a 24 hour protective detail, okay? The necklace is all we got. Steal it. Thank you." Stiles pointed out as Scott froze. "He's watching us." Scott murmured stiffly. "What's wrong?" I asked, noticing how unnerved Scott looked. "Jackson's talking to me. He knows I can hear him. Look at me. Just talk to me. Act normal. Pretend nothing's happening." Scott instructed.

"Say something. Talk to me!" Scott snapped after a moment. "I can't think of anything. My mind's completely blank." Stiles said, looking kind of flustered. "That's a first." I muttered, earning a glare form Stiles. "Your mind's blank? You can't think of something to say?" Scott asked him frantically. "Not under this kind of pressure. FYI, he's not even sitting with them anymore." Stiles pointed out, gesturing to the table Jackson had just been sitting at. "Where the hell is he?" I asked, looking around. Scott froze, jaw and fists clenched tightly. "Yes." Scott ground out. "Scott, come on, you can't let him do this." I said, taking my brother's clenched fist. "Yeah, you can't let him have this kind of power over you. Okay?" Stiles added. Scott finally calmed down slightly before the lunch bell rang.