Magic Bullet

Much to my distain, Scott and Derek had been tracking the alpha for the last week and a half. And for the last week and a half, I have been getting shit for sleep. So when I arrived at school, I was dead tired. My AP Art teacher, Mrs. Applebee, noticed and let me take a nap in her office. Unfortunately, I had to wake up an hour later and go to the rest of my classes. I fell asleep in a few of those too but no one woke me. I guess they heard about that incident last year when this jerk decided to wake me up from my nap after going without sleep for almost three days. In my rage at being woken up, I had slammed him against a wall and dislocated his shoulder. Oops – not the first time I've done that to someone.

The end of the day finally came and the school was deserted. I had to grab a few things from my locker before I left and froze where I stood. Derek stumbled past Jackson who stared at him with confused and annoyed eyes. "What the hell –?" I started before I noticed Derek's sickly skin and weakened state. "Whoa, what happened to you?" I asked him as he stumbled towards me. "Where's Scott?" he asked, swaying in front of me. "Really? You look like death and you're asking for my brother?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest. He suddenly slumped and I caught him.

"No." he groaned, pushing me away and leaning into the lockers. "What? I can't help you?" I asked, offended. Was he really that concerned with his big bad appearance? "No. I don't want to hurt you." he grumbled, pain evident in his voice. "Hey." I muttered, my voice soft as his head lulled to the side and I caught it so he was looking at me. "You won't hurt me. I know you won't." I told him. "You can't be sure of that." He replied, lifting his head slightly. "I can and I am. Come on, let's get you out of here." I muttered, taking one of his arms and draping it over my shoulder before wrapping my other arm around his torso.

I supported some of his weight as I led him out of the school and down the stairs towards the parking lot. Without really looking, I walked out into the road. Suddenly Derek's full weight was on me and I was pulled to the ground. "Oh my god!" I heard a familiar voice exclaim from inside the vehicle that stopped right in front of us. "Oh, no, no, no, no, not here!" I heard my brother snap as he and Stiles got out of Stiles' Jeep. "You've gotta be kidding me. This guy's everywhere." Stiles grumbled as they flanked my and Derek. "What the hell? What are you doing here?" Scott hissed at Derek who I had practically laying on my lap. "I was shot." Derek ground out through clenched teeth. "He's not looking so good, guys." I muttered, looking up at the boys.

"Why aren't you healing?" Scott hissed, glancing around. A car horn sounded. "I can't. It was – it was a different kind of bullet." Derek told us as he groaned, trying to sit up. "A silver bullet?" Stiles asked almost excitedly. "No, you idiot." Derek grumbled at him, shooting daggers with his green eyes. "Wait, wait. That's what she meant when she said you had 48 hours." Scott said, something in his mind clicking into place. "What? Who? Who said 48 hours?" I snapped, looking between Derek and my brother. They both knew that I disapproved but wouldn't stop them as long as I was kept in the loop. I guess they forgot to mention this.

"The hunter. The one who shot him." Scott said, waving it off as if this was nothing. "You ran into hunters last night and forgot to tell me?!" I snapped at him, keeping my voice low so no one else could hear us. "What are you doing? Stop that!" Scott snapped, his eyes on Derek. I turned my attention back to the injured werewolf in my lap and saw that his eyes were glowing bright blue. "I'm trying to tell you, I can't!" Derek growled as his teeth started to form fangs. "Derek, get up!" Scott snapped, glancing around. "Help me put him in your car." I told Stiles. He and Scott both took Derek, one on each side of him as I hopped in the back seat of the Jeep. Stiles and Scott shoved Derek into the passenger seat before Stiles quickly jumped behind the wheel.

"I need you to find out what kind of bullet they used." Derek told Scott, grabbing his arm. "How the hell and I supposed to do that?" Scott asked, ripping his arm away. "Because she's an Argent. She's with them." Derek replied. "Why should I help you?" Scott growled skeptically. "Jesus, Scott, you need him! Now get your ass out of here and find that bullet!" I snapped at him, my nerves like frayed electrical wires. "Fine. I'll try. Get him out of here." Scott added, turning to Stiles. "I hate you so much for this." Stiles replied before tearing out of the high school's parking lot and down the road.

"Hey, try not to bleed out on my seats, okay? We're almost there." Stiles grumbled as we drove down the road. "Almost where?" Derek asked. He must be really out of it to not recognize the road we were on. "Your house." I told him, my voice much softer than Stiles'. "What? No, you can't take me there." Derek insisted. "I can't take you to your own house?" Stiles asked, sounding annoyed with Derek. "Now when I can't protect myself." Derek replied, sounding equally annoyed with Stiles. "Alright. What happens if Scott doesn't find your little magic bullet? Hmm? Are you dying?" Stiles asked. He probably would be alright with that. "Not yet. I have a last resort." Derek replied ominously. "What do you mean? What last resort?" I asked, leaning forward in between the seats as concern fluttered in my stomach.

With a groan, Derek rolled up his sleeve to reveal the bullet wound. Black veins ran up his arm, radiating out of the wound. "Oh my god." Stiles exclaimed as I gasped. "What is that? Oh, is that contagious? You know what," Stiles started before pulling over. "You should probably just get out." he said, pointing to the sidewalk as he turned off the car. Apparently we were going to be here for a while. "Start the car. Now." Derek ordered. "I don't think you should be barking orders with the way you look, okay?" Stiles started, turning in his seat to face Derek. "In fact, I think if I wanted to, I could probably drag your little werewolf ass out in the middle of the road and leave you for dead." Stile snapped. I groaned, leaning my head against the back of his seat.

"Start the car, or I'm gonna rip your throat out – with my teeth." Derek ordered, glaring at Stiles. "Hey!" I snapped, leaning into the front seat and glaring at Derek. "I am sick and tired of you constantly threatening everyone!" I started, my voice rising to a shout. "You have got to stop relying on scare tactics because they are not going to work with you dying in Stiles' Jeep. I get it, it's fun to scare him – I've done it many times myself – but you need to stop before I drag your werewolf ass into the street and leave you for dead." I growled at him. "Go Evie!" Stiles praised, a huge smile on his lips.

"And you," I started, turning my gaze on him. His eyes instantly filled with fear. "Start the damn car before I let him rip your throat out with his teeth." I snapped at him. "Yes, ma'am." Stiles replied, his voice low and sheepish. "Seriously?" Derek asked as Stiles turned over the engine. "Sorry but she scares me more than you." Stiles told him as he pulled back into traffic. Derek looked at me with confused and shocked eyes. I smiled widely at him before speaking in a sickly sweet voice. "I'm a woman. Women are crazy. I'm also extra crazy because of my age. I can be terrifying when I want to be." I told him, my smile never faltering before I fell back into the back seat.

"What am I supposed to do with him?" Stiles asked Scott over the phone. We were pulled over again and my head was next to Stiles as we listened to my brother's reply. "Take him somewhere. Anywhere." Scott replied, his voice urgent and hushed. "And by the way, he's starting to smell." Stiles commented. "Like what?" Scott asked hesitantly. "Like death." Stiles replied. I slapped the back of his head for that. "Okay, take him to the animal clinic." Scott instructed. "What about your boss?" I asked him. "He's gone by now. there's a spare key in the box behind the dumpster." Scott told us. "You're not gonna believe where he's telling me to take you." Stiles told Derek, a small smirk on his lips.

Derek stole Stiles phone. "Did you find it?" Derek asked. I didn't dare get close enough to hear Scott's reply. "Look, if you don't find it, then I'm dead, alright?" Derek snapped. There was a pause. "Then think about this – the alpha called you out against your will. He's gonna do it again. Next time you either kill with him or get killed." Derek told him. I froze, an ice cold shiver running up my spine. "So if you want to stay alive, then you need me. Find that bullet." Derek snapped before hanging up. "You can be such an ass." I grumbled at him. "Yeah, well, I'm dying. I think I get to be an ass." He snapped back at me as Stiles pulled into traffic. He had a very good point. I'm always a bitch once a month so I guess if I was dying, I'd probably be worse than Derek was being.

"Does Northern Blue Monkswood mean anything to you?" I asked Derek a few minutes later after I got a text from Scott. "It's a rare form of wolfsbane. He has to bring me the bullet." Derek told me. "Why?" I asked, confusion passing over my features. "Cause I'm gonna die without it." Derek informed. My eyes widened as I leaned back into my seat. "Noted." I mumbled before texting Scott to hurry his ass up.