It's Not Me

"I'm serious. It's not like the last full moon. I don't feel the same." Scott told Stiles. "Me neither." I added. He was worried because tonight was the full moon. I had made it through one without killing or hurting people. But could I do it again? "Oh, does that include the urge to maim and kill people like me?" Stiles asked snappily. "I swear, I don't have the urge to maim and kill you." Scott insisted before Stiles turned his gaze on me. "You know, now that I think about it, you are starting to look delicious." I teased him. "Oh my god." Stiles grumbled. "Relax, I'm just teasing." I told him, wrapping my arm around his shoulders. "I know, you say that now but then the full moon goes up and out come the fangs and the claws and there's a lot of howling and screaming and running everywhere, okay? And it's very stressful on me and – so yes, I'm still locking you up." Stiles insisted.

We were in the boys' locker room and I was currently getting strange looks from the other lacrosse players. But I honestly didn't give a rat's ass what they thought. I wasn't looking at any of them. "Okay, fine. But I do think I'm in more control now. Especially since things are good with Allison." Scott insisted as he leaned up against his locker. "Okay, we're aware of how good things are with Allison." Stiles snapped, gesturing between me and him. "They're really good." Scott said, a dazed smile on his lips. "I – thank you, I know." Stiles grumbled. "I mean, like, really good." Scott added. "Alright, we get it! Just shut the hell up before I have the urge to maim and kill myself." I growled at him. He and Stiles stared at me with wide, shocked eyes. "I'm sorry, I, uh – I need to get out of here." I muttered to them as I rubbed my temples. My head started pounding softly, pressure building behind my eyes.

The sound of rattling chains filled my ears – which didn't help my headache – and I whipped around to see a long string of them pouring out of Stiles' locker. "Part of me wants to ask." Coach started. "The other part says knowing will be more disturbing than anything I could ever imagine. So... I'm gonna walk away." He finished before heading back into his office. "That's good. That's a wise choice, Coach." Stiles called after him. I sighed and moved over to them to help them put the chains back in Stiles' locker when I froze. "Evie?" Stiles called. "There's another." I muttered, looking around the locker room. "In here, right now." I added. "Another what?" he asked me as I turned my gaze onto Scott. We exchanged a concerned look – trouble was here. "Another werewolf." Scott muttered. "Ms. McCall!" Coach called out suddenly, breaking my concentration. "Coach?" I asked, turning to face him. "You know you're not supposed to be in here. Now scram." He ordered pointing towards the door. I simply nodded before reaching out with my senses again. But as hard as I tried in those few seconds it took to reach the door, I couldn't quite figure out who was the other werewolf.

I watched Scott practice lacrosse that morning before school started. Stiles told me he had come up with a brilliant plan to get Scott to go one-on-one with the other players to figure out who this other werewolf was. Turns out that plan included Scott tackling half the team. "Evelyn!" Coach called from where he stood next to Stiles. I hopped off the bleachers and jogged over to him. "Yes, sir?" I asked as I reached him. He was standing beside Stiles in the line, holding the front grate of his helmet. "What the hell is wrong with McCall?" he asked me and Stiles. "Uh, he's failing two classes." Stiles started. "Yeah, he's also a little socially awkward and if you look close enough, his jaw line is kind of uneven." I added with a nod. "Yeah, it is." Stiles muttered in agreement, sounding almost as if he had never noticed that before. "That's interesting. Let's fire it up!" Coach called, making me wince. My hyperactive hearing wasn't always that awesome. I quickly returned to the bleachers and watched as Scott continued to tackle the other players. "McCall! You come out of that goal one more time and you'll be doing suicide runs till you die. It'll be the first ever suicide run that actually ends in a suicide. Got it?" Coach shouted. "Yes, Coach." Scott grumbled in reply as I looked over at the team members who were lined up. One of them had glowing yellow eyes. Isaac Lahey.