Is It Over?

"Hey. Hold on. Hold on. Something doesn't feel right." Derek said as he slowed to a stop. "What do you mean?" Scott asked. "I don't know. It's – it's kind of like it's –" Derek started before I shook my head. "No, don't say 'too easy'. People say 'too easy' and bad things happen. What, do you think finding you was easy? Getting away from Allison's dad? None of this has been easy." Scott insisted. "Fine. You're right." Derek mumbled reluctantly. "Thank you." Scott replied before turning away. Suddenly I was pitched from Derek's arms as he groaned in pain. I landed on some soft leaves as Derek was shot with another arrow to the leg. "Scott, your eyes!" Derek called out as he covered his eyes with his arm. I managed to do the same thing but Scott wasn't so fast. Derek groaned as he pulled an arrow out of his shoulder before breaking the one in his thigh. "Get up!" he called as he pulled me to my feet. "Let's go!" he insisted as Scott scrambled to his feet and we ran back towards the Hale house.

Adrenaline pumped through my veins and I forgot about my weak legs and my aching body. We ran and suddenly Derek tripped, pulling the rest of us down. I landed with a thud a few feet from him and Scott as Allison came out of nowhere, bow in hand and arrow at the ready. "Allison, I can explain." Scott tried as he stared up at her. "Stop lying. For once, stop lying." She snapped at him, raging emotions clear in her dark eyes. "I was gonna tell you the truth at the formal. I was gonna tell you everything. Because everything that I said; everything that I did –" Scott tried but she cut him off. "Was to protect me." she snapped sarcastically. "Yes." he replied, nodding fiercely. "I don't believe you." she hissed through clenched teeth. "Thank god." Kate's voice came from behind Allison. I looked back at her to see her standing next to Derek. "Now, shoot him before I have to shoot myself." Kate barked her orders. "You – you said we were gonna catch them." Allison stammered. "We did that. Now we're gonna kill them." Kate replied before raising her gun and shooting Derek in the chest. A small yelp escaped my lips as I saw the blood blossom on Derek's shirt.

"See? Not that hard. Oh, no – I know that look." Kate groaned at her niece. "That's the 'you're gonna have to do it yourself' look." Kate said with a sigh. "Kate?" Allison asked as Kate pushed passed her and stood in front of my brother. "Kate, what are you doing?" Allison asked, panic in her voice as her aunt raised her gun at my brother. "I love those brown eyes." Kate muttered. "No!" I shouted and before I knew what happened, I was shielding my brother. Allison stared at me in confusion as Kate groaned. "She's human, sweetie." Kate sighed. "Evie, what are you doing? Don't you know what they are?" Allison asked me, moving to stand next to her aunt. "Yes," I started, my voice shaking. "Yes, I know everything. I know more than you do. Where do you think I've been for the last two days?" I asked her. She stared at me with shock and confusion. "Did you think I was home sick? I'm sure Scott was freaking out about me. Didn't you ask him where I was? Yes, I know what they are." I continued, wetting my lips as I turned my gaze to Kate.

"But they're not the monsters – she is." I muttered. Allison stared at her aunt with wide eyes as Kate stared at me in annoyance. "What is she talking about?" Allison asked her aunt timidly. "She's been torturing me for two days – after she shot me." I explained. Kate just rolled her eyes before putting her finger on the trigger. I closed my eyes as I felt Scott wrap his arms around me. We were still sitting on the ground and I held onto him tightly as I waited. "Kate!" a new voice shouted. My eyes flashed open to see Mr. Argent approaching us. "I know what you did. Put the gun down." he urged his sister. "I did what I was told to do." Kate snapped at him, her guns still pointed at me and Scott. "No one asked you to murder innocent people. There were children in that house, ones who were human. Look what you're doing now." Mr. Argent continued as he gestured to me and Scott. "You're holding a gun on a 16 year-old boy with no proof that he spilled human blood and a human girl who you tortured. We go by the code – Nous chassons ceux qui nous chassent." Mr. Argent finished. "We hunt those who hunt us." Allison murmured under her breath.