III. LIVE TO SEE ANOTHER DAY

━━ ∞ ━━
𝐀𝐋𝐖𝐀𝐘𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑
[ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ - 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘥𝘢𝘺]

━━ ∞ ━━𝐀𝐋𝐖𝐀𝐘𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑[ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ - 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘥𝘢𝘺]

'we all want the same thing,
we all want freedom'

☾ ♥ ☾ ꕥ ☾ ♥ ☾

It had been a quiet few weeks in Mystic Falls since Stefan and Damon had left town on their mission to send the damned to Hell. Sybil and Seline hadn't caused many issues in recent weeks; none that the Scooby-Gang couldn't handle that is. Overall, the last few weeks had been quite uneventful – allowing Thea all the time she needed to spend with her children and help Hayley track down the cure for Elijah and Kol.

With both Alaric and Caroline's blessing, Josie and Lizzie had siphoned the curse from Rebekah, effectively curing the blonde much to Thea's relief. The brunette had also almost completed the cure she needed to save Freya and it wouldn't be much longer until the hybrid was able to wake her family and rescue her husband.

However, right now, the hybrid was facing a much more challenging task. Miss Mystic Falls. Thea had left the twins with Tyler at the Lockwood mansion as she helped Caroline prepare for the pageant at the Boarding House. It had been a very stressful morning to say the least.

As Caroline was in the middle of talking Thea's ear off about her selection of flowers, a series of knocks sounded at the front door causing the brunette to sigh in relief as she raced off to answer it in order to escape the blonde's talking. Caroline pouted, rolling her eyes as she followed after the hybrid just as Thea pulled the door open.

On the other side stood Bonnie, dressed in a black leather coat and a stunning silver necklace around her neck as she carried two large red and gold bags, a round container and a dress. "Bonjour," the witch smiled as she found her two best friends stood on the other side of the door. Caroline screamed in delight as Thea beamed happily, both of the girls pulling Bonnie into a shared hug.

"Ah! You're here!" Caroline smiled happily as the girls pulled away, "ooh! How was Paris? How's Enzo? Tell me you ate all the cheese..." the blonde continued enthusiastically causing both Bonnie and Thea to chuckle. "And drank all the wine. And bought all the gifts," Bonnie added with a smile as the three girls moved into the living room.

"What?" Thea asked, her brows furrowed in confusion at the sight of the large grin on the witch's face. Bonnie beamed happily as she handed Caroline the round container, and Thea one of the large red and gold bags, "but don't open them now," the brunette told them both as she turned towards Caroline, "save yours until Stefan comes back. The gift is kind of wedding themed."

Caroline nodded, smiling at the witch gratefully as Bonnie turned towards Thea, "and you cannot open yours until you're back with Klaus – its kind of a gift for both of you," the brunette stated. Thea raised an eyebrow at the witch, a shocked look on her face as she thought about how far they'd come since the last time Thea was in Mystic Falls.