Chapter 11 - The Plot Thickens

Chapter 11

(UNKNOWN’s POV)

                “Here’s the daily paper you asked for,” one of the prison guards said to me and tossed it to me. I caught it with one hand. “You going to say thank you?”

“No,” I growled. The guard rolled his eyes and continued on his way. I read the head title “Big Hero 6 Leader Rescues Local Marketplace from Heavily Armed Robber.” A familiar figure was flung into the cell next to mine. He slowly crawled to the wall and sat down next to me.  “So?”

“It happened exactly like you said it would, boss. I was skeptical at first, but she did come. You predicted that the entire group would show up, including this new girl, but it was just her,” he mumbled quickly.

“Shut up. I said she would come to the boy’s aid or would be with the boy when he showed up. She’s the one we were testing for, not the group. What about the details we discussed?”

“She’s smart. Blind, but smart. And after I was apprehended, she clung to him and was worried that he may have gotten hurt,” he rambled to me.

“Good, then the first test was positive. I just need to replicate the experiment a few times and we’ve got ourselves some proof to move on to the next experiment.” A loud maniacal laugh escaped my lips.

“Hiro will be taken down. He will suffer. I will destroy his friends and family and his city. And then, I will conquer the entire world. And Evan, thank you for your sacrifice to the creating of a better world.”The man looked at me from the corner of his eyes and nodded.

 I looked at the picture of the boy in the newspaper with bloodlust. “Hiro Hamada, use the remaining time to enjoy what you still have, because once I get my hands on your scrawny little neck, you’ll lose it all.”