Chapter 33 - Karaoke

(A/N: I’m not sure what happened, but Big Hero 7 just exploded with a ton of votes and readers! Thank you, everyone! As a gift from me to you for all the votes and as an apology for not posting every day the past week, I’ll be uploading two chapters today! Thank you so much for your support!! You guys rock!)

Chapter 33

(Hiro’s POV)

                We followed Fred into a large room with a screen, seats and tables, a microphone, and speakers. The lights were dim shades of blue, purple, and green.

                “You have an entire room for karaoke?” Gogo groaned.

                “Of course,” Fred answered. We sat down at a front table and Heathcliff brought each of us a tray of salmon and tuna sushi and strawberry Ramune sodas. Akira and Wasabi –both sushi lovers- began stuffing their faces with the rolls of fish and rice. I chuckled.

                “Hungry much?” I teased. They both rolled their eyes at me and continued eating.

                “Should we draw names or will somebody volunteer?” Honey trilled.

                “Can we eat first?” Wasabi asked in between mouthfuls.

                “Sure,” Fred answered. We all quickly ate.

                “I vote Hiro goes first!” Akira shouted and giggled. I stuck my tongue out at her.

                “Only if you go after me!” I teased back. She grinned and nodded.

                “I’ll go after Akira,” Honey added.

                “Then me,” Fred voiced. “And then Gogo and finally Wasabi. And then we can do whatever order we want and have duets and such.” I stood up, took my hoodie off, rolled my sleeves up, and then walked up to the stage.

                “Immortals by Fall Out Boy,” I requested. Fred nodded, went to the song machine, and pulled up the instrumentals for Immortals. As the song played on, I sung at the top of my lungs without needing to see the lyrics on the screen because I had listened to the song so many times. “And we could be immortals, immortals! Just not for long, for long!” As the song finished, everyone clapped. Akira stood up and fist-bumped me as we passed each other. She jumped up onto the stage and adjusted her glasses.

                “Find You by Zedd,” Akira called to Fred. He nodded and turned the song on. “Make them dance, just like you. Cause you make me move. Yeah you always make me go~! I'll run away with your footsteps. I'll build a city that dreams for two. And if you lose yourself, I will find you!” Her voice was soft and full of energy as she sung. Honey traded places with her on the stage.

                “A Thousand Years by Christina Perri,” Honey told Fred. He turned the song on and Honey’s voice trembled as she sung. “I have died every day waiting for you. Darling, don't be afraid I have loved you for a thousand years. I'll love you for a thousand more.” Just as she hit the last chorus, her voice cracked and she began to cry. We all jumped up and rushed to her. “S-sorry, everyone. I thought I could sing that without getting too upset,” she apologized as she wiped her tears away and stepped off the stage. Everyone hugged her, and she went to sit down to trade places with Fred. Akira leaned to my ear to whisper.

                “Is Honey going to be okay? What happened?” She whispered to me. I leaned to her and whispered back.

                “When Tadashi asked her to be his girlfriend 3 years ago, he sung that to her to ask her out. They used to sing it all the time together as a duet, until the fire at the exposition hall 4 months ago,” I explained. I bit my lip to try not to get upset myself. Akira hugged me tightly and then turned to Honey.

                “That was beautiful, Honey. I love your voice,” Akira complimented. Honey smiled.

                “Thank you, sweetie,” she thanked. Fred went up to the stage and sung Basket Case by Green Day, then Gogo sang Call You Out by Flyleaf, and Wasabi sang Pompeii by Bastille. We went through a few more songs in different combinations and duets, and then began to get bored and had a competition to see who could sing the worst. Fred won that little competition because he sung Wrecking Ball by Miley Cyrus and he mimicked the sounds of a dying cat while doing so. I checked the time (on the watch Akira made me) and let the group know that it was 5 PM.

                “MOVIE TIME!!!” Fred hollered. He raced out of the room, almost slipping on the tile floor. The rest of us followed at a regular pace. He jumped up onto the couch in the room we had been staying in. We all spread out on the couches and Akira and I snuggled together. Fred pulled out a remote, and pressed a button that caused the wall to open up to reveal a huge HD flat screen TV.

                “What are we watching?” Akira asked.

                “First, Cabin in the Woods. Second, eat dinner while watching Kick Ass. Finally, we’ll eat some cake while watching Guardians of the Galaxy.” He turned on the first movie. After Cabin in the Woods, we all changed into our pjs. By the time we finished the movie and food, it was almost 11 PM. Gogo, Honey, Fred, and Wasabi went to sleep in their sleeping bags. Akira and I got into our sleeping bags, but pulled them to a corner of the room together. We sat up and talked for a bit.

                “Did you have a good day, Hiro?” Akira asked. I nodded and smiled.

                “Of course. I wouldn’t have had a good day without all of you. So thank you,
 I answered. She grinned.

                “Good. I overheard Honey and Fred talking about tomorrow morning’s plan. Apparently we’re going to go out shopping and then go to the park,” she said and then kissed my cheek. She jumped and gasped suddenly. I looked to her in a panic as she pulled something out of her pocket.

                “What happened? Are you okay?” I quickly worriedly questioned. She giggled.

                “Yeah. My phone was on vibrate. Somebody texted me,” she looked at the screen and her eyes scanned over it.

                “Who was it?” I asked. She typed something back quickly to whomever it was and tossed her phone back into her pocket.

                “Bleh. Nothing. People being annoying,” she murmured. “Hey, Hiro?”

                “Mmhm?”

                “I love you,” she cooed. We both blushed and I pulled her into a hug.