Chapter 36 - Psychopath

Chapter 36

(Akira’s POV)

                Henry sat with me at lunch and comforted me. I was depressed and having a hard time coping with losing Hiro.

                “Hey, it’ll be alright. He doesn’t deserve such a wonderful woman such as you,” Henry said as he placed his arm over my shoulder and hugged me to him. “Any guy would be thrilled to have you.”

                “Alright, Henry. I will,” I sighed and then smiled as realistically as I could up at him.

                “You will what?” He asked.

                “Go out with you,” I answered. I was so numb that I didn’t care anymore. I might as well pretend to be happy. Maybe if I pretend long enough, I’ll stop hurting so much. “That is, if that’s what you were trying to ask me yesterday at the park.” He nodded happily.

                “Thank you, Akira. I promise I’ll be sweet to you. I haven’t known you for very long and yet you’ve become my everything. I can’t stop thinking about you. You’re a precious treasure to me. I won’t ever hurt you,” he cooed. I faked another smile. Honey came over to us and sat down on the other side of me.

                “Are you alright, sweetie?” She asked. I nodded.

                “Yes. Thank you, Honey. I’m fine now. Still a little shaken up, but I’ll be fine,” I explained. She nodded and gave me a skeptical look. I fake smiled again to show I was fine.

                “Alright, well, I’m always here if you need me,” she promised. I smiled and nodded.

                “Thank you,” I said as I noticed Hiro get up and leave the team’s table. The three of us talked for the last remainder of lunch and then Honey left to go to bio-chem.

                Henry walked me to Physics. We sat together and took notes. When class was over and we were putting our stuff in my bag, I noticed Henry was very fidgety and couldn’t keep still. He kept glancing at me nervously.

                “Are you alright, Henry?” I asked. He gulped audibly and then grinned nervously.

                “Yes. I’m just really excited and my stomach is full of butterflies because I’m so excited. I can be very impatient,” he chattered quickly. I giggled and he continued to fidget.

                “For what?” I asked as we stood up and walked out of the classroom.

                “If you follow me to the lab, I’ll show you,” he excitedly said. I nodded and he took my hand and pulled me quickly out of the class building and across campus to the labs. On a Monday afternoon, the lab was usually empty. Most students had to go home and study on Mondays. It was Wednesday through Saturday that the lab was usually full of students. He led me into the empty lab and set his bag on a chair. I copied him and placed my bag on the same chair. He dug through his bag quickly. I noticed his hands were sweaty and his grin was huge.

                “Dude, what are you so excited for?” I giggled. He pulled out a small bag.

                “For this,” he held up the little bag. “I need you to close your eyes. Actually, you’re literally blind without your glasses, so just take those off entirely,” he suggested. I smiled and took them off and handed them to him. I heard the small metallic noise as he placed my glasses on the table behind us. I heard him open the tiny bag and pull something out. I stood still waiting. Suddenly, he pulled me against him and kissed me. His chest was against mine and I could feel his rapid heartbeat. I didn’t like his kiss; I wanted to be kissed by Hiro, not by Henry. I didn’t like Henry as more than a friend, but I tolerated the kiss hoping it’d make me happier.

                Without notice, my hands were roughly grabbed. He stopped kissing me and my legs were kicked out from under me. My bottom hit the tile floor with a thud and I whimpered from the pain. In less than a second, even though I struggled, my hands were zip-tied together and to a table leg. I screamed angrily and tried pulled my hands off the table, only to remember that many of the metallic tables didn’t move because they were sealed to the floor. I heard the door lock and then I felt the Henry’s weight on my lap. I felt his heavy breathing on my neck.

                “Let me go!!! This isn’t funny, Henry!!” I screamed. He put his hand over my mouth to muffle the sounds.

                “Shh… Ms. Akira… Calm down…,” he cooed. I bit my lip and listened to my surroundings, hoping to hear somebody walk down the hall. Unfortunately, it was silent except for Henry’s excited breathing. “I’m sorry I’m doing this so soon, but I’m not a very patient person, and I was so excited,” he apologized as he removed his hand from covering my mouth.

                “Henry, please,” I whimpered. “Why are you trying to rape me…?” He burst into laughter.

                “Oh, Akira, I thought you were smarter than that,” he teased. “I’m not interested in you sexually. I’m interested in you medically. I’m not going to rape you. I’m going to cut you open and see your insides,” he said happily as if that was totally fine. “You see, I might as well spoil a little for you. I work for Callaghan, and he told me last night I could cut you open however I pleased as long as I didn’t kill you and you didn’t get permanently injured. You can trust me with your life. I’m a prodigy with anatomy and physiology. I know just where to cut, don’t worry,” he reassured happily. I should’ve seen it! He works for Callaghan!

                “Henry, please let me go. You don’t have to do this,” I voiced softy in attempt to convince this psychopath to let me go. If I could make it to my backpack, I could get to my hover board and suit. I wouldn’t have time to get the whole suit on, but I could at least get the gloves and use my lasers as defense. He chuckled and I felt his hand stroke my cheek.

                “If I let you go, it wouldn’t benefit me though. Anyway,” he said as he held his scalpel knife in front of my eyes within my view so I could see it.  “You’d run and get me in trouble,” he baby-talked. He pulled the knife away from my eyes. “Now, if you scream, I’ll kill you. If somebody walks in and you say anything to them about what’s going on, I’ll kill you and them. And if you run and tell your team or the police, I’ll kill you and your team. And I’ll make sure that Hiro suffers as I cut him open.” I was terrified as I nodded.

                I felt the blade of the knife touch my shoulder and he made a small but painful slice across my shoulder. He was being very careful. I didn’t feel much blood drip, but the wound still stung. It felt like a cat scratch or paper cut.

                “I love the look of pain across your face. You look absolutely gorgeous when you look afraid and in pain,” he cooed. Then, I heard knocking on the door. “If you speak, I’ll kill you and whoever is coming in,” Henry reminded. I heard him open the door and then he spoke to the person at the door. “Hello, Hiro.”