Chapter 13 - Goofing Around

Chapter 13

(Akira’s POV)

                “Akira, I’m going to fix you. You’re going to see the world tonight,” Hiro whispered to me. My jaw dropped in shock. How could he have figured out how to help me see? HOW?

                “Hiro,” I leaned forward and hugged him from my chair. “Thank you, but how did you find a way?” I released him from my hug.

                “If I told you, that’d make it no longer a surprise,” he chuckled. I flung my body back into my chair, causing it to roll back a few feet.

                “Hiiiiro! You’re going to kill me!” I whined. I heard him roll his chair closer.

                “No, I’m not, you goof,” he teased. I smirked, and then slid out of my chair and onto the cold tile, faking a death.

                “I’m dying! And the only cure is to tell me!” I whined again. I grabbed my chest as if my heart was stopping. Baymax hobbled over.

                “Hiro, if telling her is the only cure, I must ask you to tell her, or she will die and I’ll fail my duties,” Baymax continued. “I will try to use my defibrillators.” He held his hands out to me and I jumped up.

                “Whoa, I’m fine Baymax. It’s just a joke,” I nervously laughed. Hiro grabbed my hands and pulled me back up.

                “Are you sure?” Baymax inquired. I nodded. Hiro laughed. Footsteps coming into the lab startled me.

                “Who?” I whispered.

                “The girls are gonna be pissed at us,” I heard Fred say.

                “What are you guys doing here so early?” Hiro asked.

                “We were supposed to get to you before anyone else in our group did this morning. We went to your house and Cass said you were down at the lab,” Wasabi explained.  There were footsteps of the two boys heading towards Hiro and me and then stopping in front of us.

                “What do you guys need? We’re currently working on Akira’s armor. It’ll be ready in a little bit.”

                “Fred and I need to talk to you Hiro,” Wasabi explained.  “Outside.” There was silence for a while and I heard exasperated movements in the room like they were trying to communicate without words so I couldn’t understand.

                “You’re being rude, guys. If you have something to say, you can say it out loud or tell me it’s a secret and that I can’t hear it.” I frowned.

                “Sorry, Akira,” Wasabi admitted. “It’s something specifically to do with Hiro. So, yes, it’s a secret. Would you mind if we bring him and Baymax outside for a minute?”

                “That’s fine, but next time, please just say that, guys.” I crossed my arms and shook my head disapprovingly.

                “While we’re talking with Hiro, we can call the girls to keep Akira company,” Fred offered. I nodded.

                “Sure,” I answered.

                “They have been notified,” Baymax stated. “They are less than a block away at the Starbucks. They’ll be here in 2 minutes.”

                “Alright, I’ll be right back Akira,” Hiro reassured me. “Baymax, come with us.” I nodded and slumped down in my seat, waiting for Gogo and Honey. I listened as Hiro, Baymax, Fred, and Wasabi’s footsteps disappeared out of the lab.