Chapter 14 - Hiro's Crush

Chapter 14

(Hiro’s POV)

                Wasabi and Fred walked into the lab casually and waved at me. I waved back.

“The girls are gonna be pissed at us.”

                “What are you guys doing here so early?” It wasn’t long past 7 and they weren’t supposed to join us until 11.

                “We were supposed to get to you before anyone else in our group did this morning. We went to your house and Cass said you were down at the lab,” Wasabi explained. 

                “What do you guys need? We’re currently working on Akira’s armor. It’ll be ready in a little bit.”

                “Fred and I need to talk to you Hiro,” Wasabi explained.  “Outside.” Wasabi motioned to the door. I nodded towards Akira and frowned. Fred rolled his eyes and mouthed the word ‘now’ to me. Wasabi motioned with his hand to ask me to come with them and then mouthed ‘important.’

                “You’re being rude, guys. If you have something to say, you can say it out loud or tell me it’s a secret and that I can’t hear it.” Akira spoke up with a hint of irritation in her voice.

                “Sorry, Akira,” Wasabi admitted. “It’s something specifically to do with Hiro. So, yes, it’s a secret. Would you mind if we bring him and Baymax outside for a minute?”

                “That’s fine, but next time, please just say that, guys.” She crossed her arms and shook her head in an exasperated manner.

                “While we’re talking with Hiro, we can call the girls to keep Akira company,” Fred offered. Akira nodded.

                “Sure,” she replied.

                “They have been notified,” Baymax stated. “They are less than a block away at the Starbucks. They’ll be here in 5 minutes.”

                “Alright, I’ll be right back Akira,” I promised. “Baymax, come with us.” As the four of us exited the lab, I glanced back once more to see Akira sitting in her chair before we turned the corner and she was out of sight.

                We all walked outside to the front steps and sat on the steps. The two 18-year-olds stared at me smirking until I spoke up.

                “WHAT?” I burst out.

                “Hiro and Akira sitting in a tree, K-I-S-,” Fred sung. My cheeks instantly heated up.

                “Fred, cut it out,” Wasabi urged.

                “Hiro is embarrassed. This is likely caused by his interest in-,” Baymax began.

                “Oh, we know, Baymax. We know,” Wasabi broke in with a brazen hint in his voice. I glanced up to see the girls hurry up the steps into the nerd lab. I notice Wasabi and Fred looking too, and took my opportunity to get up and run. Just as I stood up to rush off, Wasabi grabbed me by my hood and yanked my back down to sit.

                “Dude, don’t try to run away,” Fred demanded. I huffed and crossed my arms.

                “Fred already spoiled our point,” Wasabi growled at him and then turned happily back to me. “But, I’ll give you a chance to answer for yourself. Do you have a crush on anyone in our group?”  I rolled my eyes.