four

We were now all at the airport, except for my father. He told me he had business to attend to and that he didn't have time to go to the airport.

"Mija I would love to see you off but I don't have time," he told me and gave me a quick hug. That was the first hug I've gotten this year and will probably be the only one. 

On the way to the airport, Harry drove whilst my Abuela sat in the front and my sister sat between my mother and I in the back seat. My seat was behind Harry's so I couldn't see much of him or what he was doing. Once we all got out Harry took our things out of the trunk and got straight onto the jet, clearly not seeing the need to say goodbye to my family.

"Mija, I'm going to miss you so much," my mother says as she pulls me into a hug.

"Me too, mama but I'll be back before you know it," I say when I let go of her.

"Now, I don't want you to give Harry a lot of trouble. Remember he is just doing his job, okay?"

"Yes, ma I know. Papa has already been through this with me," I tell her, a small smile on my lips.

"Also if you have any flare-ups you call either your father or me. Don't try to handle them by yourself," she says quietly and I give her a quick nod, not wanting to talk about it any further. Next, I walk to my Abuela. I give her a tight hug and she squeezes me back.

"You be good and don't get into too much trouble okay?" she says giggling, knowing how I was.

"Yes, Abuela I promise," I say smiling at her. Lastly, I go to my sister. She looks at me with sad eyes and a small smile. I smile at her before pulling her into a long hug.

"I'm gonna miss you so much," she mumbles into my shoulder.

"Me too Hermana, but like I said to mama I will see you soon," I say as I pull away from her. She nods her head and I let go of her completely. I inhale and exhale a large breath before walking towards the plane.

"Mija wait." My mother says and I turn to look at her.

"Don't forget to call or message when you land." She smiles at me.

"Will do mama, I love you guys," I call out as I make my way up the stairs of the jet. I heard a 'we love you too' as I step inside the jet. The nerves hit me like a truck. I look around the small plane and notice Harry was seated near the back right-hand side of the plane. I decide to sit on the seat in front of him. He doesn't even acknowledge that I'm there. I sigh and decide to create a conversation.

"Hi," I say simply. He doesn't move. Okay.

"So is Harry short for anything or is it your full name?" I ask him. He doesn't say anything, he just looks at me from the corner of his eye. My face turned into an annoyed look. I hear the plane door close behind me and the plane began to move. 

I was nervous to fly. The only way I've ever travelled was by car. My father, on the other hand, flew every place on earth because of 'business'. The plane shook and it startled me. I gripped the armrest tightly and closed my eyes. I didn't want to look out the window since it would make my nerves worse. I felt the plane lift off of the ground and I held my breath. In my head I kept repeating you're okay, you're fine, you're safe but it didn't help too much. 

When I felt a little better I opened my eyes. When I did, I was shocked to see Harry staring at me already. I made a confused face but he continued to look me dead in the eyes. My gaze averted to his clothing. He was wearing a black button-up shirt, black jeans and black boots. I noticed on his left hand he had a cross tattoo. I wonder if he had more. I looked back up at his face but he was staring out the window again. I sighed and pulled out my phone. My nerves had settled a little so I decided to read my book on my phone.