thirty-seven

Quick A/N about this chapter:

I'm aware that there is nowhere like this near New York but I kind of just made it up as I went along and I wanted there to be an element of spontaneous adventure so I came up with this. Please don't say anything like "there's nothing like that near NY" or "this is unrealistic" because I'm already aware. Luckily this isn't meant to be a realistic book, it is purely fictional.

Okay that's all you lovely people enjoy this chapter xx

-

Lana's POV

After spending an hour at the small café Harry insisted on taking me ice-skating. I hadn't ice skated since I was really little and I was quite nervous that I would fall on my ass but Harry assured me he would catch me.

I was slipping on the skates we had gotten when Harry stood up, already ready to get on the ice.

"Agent you need to calm the fuck down," I say rolling my eyes as I tightened the straps on my skates.

"You need to be more excited angel," he sassed back and I sighed as I finished getting my boots comfortable. I placed my hands on the bench preparing myself to stand.

"Sorry I don't wanna break my ankles like you do," I say sarcastically making Harry let out a light chuckle. He held out his right hand for me to grab and I hesitated before grabbing it. He pulled me up from the seat and it took me a moment to find my balance before we started walking towards the ice.

Harry got on the ice with ease and I was standing on the sidelines, not quite prepared to get on the ice yet. Last time I went ice skating I injured my wrist falling onto the ice and I wasn't exactly prepared to do that again. Harry easily did a quick lap around the rink as I looked at him in awe. Who knew scary bodyguard could skate so delicately?

"Are you gonna join me or are you gonna stand there like a deer in headlights?" he says with a smirk and I sighed.

"Can you help me? I'd rather not fall face first and crack my head open," I joke but in reality, I didn't exactly want that right now. He let out a soft chuckle and skated over to the opening holding his hands out for me to grab.

I hesitated before gripping both his hands which were surprisingly warm despite the cold air around us. I placed my left foot on the ice before I slowly placed my right foot on the ice, slipping a bit but I quickly regained my posture.

"You alright love?" Harry said quietly and I nodded, focusing my stare on my feet. He started moving backward in order for me to be able to hold his hands as is skated forward. I slowly started gaining a bit of speed and he chuckled at how careful I was being.

"How are you going backwards right now?" I mumbled, my eyes still on both our feet.

"Practice makes perfect angel," he shrugs and I was about to reply when my right foot slipped a little too far backward. I squealed expecting to hit the cold ice but instead, I found a pair of arms around me, holding me upright.

"Okay, how the fuck didn't you fall on your ass then?" I asked as I look up to his face and he chuckled as I gained my posture again, tightly gripping his hands.

"As I said practice makes perfect," he says and I shake my head.

"I'm gonna need a lot of it," I say with a smirk and he nods his head.

"Well you're actually skating really well right now because you're not paying attention," he says and I look down to see I was in fact skating pretty good. I then slipped a little bit and Harry once again caught me, letting out a small laugh.